We have room to add one owner for our AL league with deep rosters. This league is free with no buy in. Inactive managers replaced after 3 weeks. We auction fresh every year and it features deep 25 man rosters. This is a challenging league with informed owners. You will have to be able to be present at auction this Saturday morning to be a part. 10amET
League Settings follow:
Roster Positions:C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, DL, DL, NA, NA
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Hits (H), Runs Batted In (RBI), Total Bases (TB), Fielding Percentage (FPCT), On-base Percentage (OBP), Net Stolen Bases (NSB)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)
I've been trying to test my system compatibility as suggested at https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/draftclient/check and the site doesn't load. All I get is the Yahoo Fantasy logo and "Checking compatibility with Yahoo draft servers."
I've tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge. I've cleared cache and cookies, and disabled all extensions and antivirus. I've tried a Windows 10 desktop and laptop.
Is anyone else having this problem?
We are a very diverse group that have been playing together for over 10 years. We have replaced 1 manager who retired( funny, I know) with a 2nd year player, and 2 guys have person agendas to attend to this year need to be replaced. The league comes with a caveat, we chat in a chatroom where we watch free sports( Even PPV events) and even talk trades and the likes. You are not obligated to join the chatroom if you join the lg, it is just unique to any of the lgs I have ever been in over the years.
If you are interested, feel free to look at the set up of the lg by clicking on the link below, if you're up for the challenge, join us! Only 2 spots available, and we draft on Saturday afternoon. Good luck, and thank you for taking the time to read this!
We're holding our draft for a head-to-head league on Saturday, March 31st, though there are some regular season games before. We're doing a "manual" draft where we enter our players after a live draft. Will our league be able to start with the games on Sunday, April 1st, or Monday April 2nd?
I have a draft tomorrow, and I just tested my browser. It's ran before, but now It just sits there and won't load at all, I've updated both Chrome and Firefox, and also deleted cookies. I'm connected to the internet fine so I'm kind of lost. Any ideas?
Pick an available team and get that whole roster for the whole year. no other players.
Blue Jays, Orioles
12 Team Head-to-Head, Free, Competitive, Live Draft Sunday March 25th 2pm EST
This is a Keep 6 League so your team is very easy to rebuild through the draft yearly. This league is in its 12th year
Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, NA
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Walks (BB), Strikeouts (K), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Losses (L), Complete Games (CG), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Quality Starts (QS)
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Player Universe: All baseball
New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo adds them View List of Forced Players
Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: 80
Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
Trade End Date: August 12, 2018
Allow Draft Pick Trades: Yes
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Waiver Mode: Standard
Allow injured players from waivers or free agents to be added directly to IR: Yes
Can't Cut List Provider: None
Trade Review: Commissioner
Trade Reject Time: 2 days
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: 5
Min Innings Pitched: 25
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Playoffs: Week 23, 24 and 25 (6 teams) Note: Week 25 runs 7 days from Sep 24 to Sep 30
Playoff Tie-Breaker: Best regular season record vs opponent wins
Playoff Reseeding: No
Lock Eliminated Teams: No
Make League Publicly Viewable: No
This is currently a 12 team keeper league. This league will follow all the rules and regulations set forth by Yahoo! unless there is not a rule that applies. All players selected by owners must be available in Yahoo!, i.e., no college or undrafted players. The following sections describe the rules and regulations of the league.
1. Duties of the Commissioner: The commissioner is responsible for handling all of the administrative tasks for the league. These tasks include, organizing the draft, handling keeper and drafting system and resolving any disputes between owners. Commissioner also has final vote on all tiebreakers after hearing both arguments.
2. Duties of Owners: Obviously, the owners are responsible for managing their teams. They are also responsible for participating in the league. Make trades, talk smack with other owners, send out reports from team headquarters, or whatever. The league will be as fun as we make it to be. Should a owner leave the league for any reason, a new owner will be appointed and the former owners Roster/Rookies/IR personnel would be property of the new owner.
3. Keeping players: After the MLB regular season is over, no FA pickups will be allowed.
- If a team decides to keep fewer than 6 players, that team will continue drafting at the end of the draft until they reach their roster limit.
- You can only keep a player for 3 consecutive years. This will help change the league around a bit after several season and throw a little wrinkle in the keeper mix. I will keep a spreadsheet of players and owners to track this. A players keeper status will count once that player has been on a teams roster for one year. Therefore, it is possible to have a player for 4 seasons. You may trade draft picks, but only the following years draft picks.
- Keeper status will NOT follow a player if he is traded. For example, if an owner trades for a player who has been kept for 2 years previously, that player's keeper status will reset to 0. To prevent collusion, Once you trade a player, he cannot be traded back. The player may only be traded back to a former team only if it is from a team the owner did not make the original trade with.
4. The Draft: Draft order will be based on the previous years postseason standings and use the standard draft (serpentine). Order of the draft will be as follows:
7th place team
8th place team
9th place team
10th place team
11th place team
12th place team
5th place team
6th place team
3rd place team
4th place team
2nd place team
1st place team
In a 12 team roto league a team wants to give me:
Zimmerman and Familia for M. Gonzalez and H. Neris.
I'd take the Neris side. He's much better than Familia when you consider injury. And I'll say he's on the better team with more save opportunities for shock value/prediction. Add in the Marwin positional eligibility. That side wins.
Though I think it all comes down to risk tolerance because the upside on the Zim side is much, much higher. But given these are (hopefully) bench/util and 2/3 closers on the bottom half of your roster I'll take the higher floor.
Had our private league draft last night. Had some connectivity issues by one manaager and had to pause several times. Then later on, there was a mistaken pick involving keepers and when I went to pause and undo the pick, yahoo told me I had already paused 5 times and could no longer pause the draft. Long-story short, the entire draft was a sham after that as it was complete chaos. No reason AT ALL to have a private league limit pauses...
(Couple this with the STILL unanswered pre-draft rankings question that mysteriously gets deleted every time I post it and I think our time on Yahoo as a fantasy baseball service is over)