cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

unable to order ticker symbols as I used to do -using current safari but chrome doesn't work either

'Hoo Recruit

unable to order ticker symbols as I used to do -using current safari but chrome doesn't work either

Have used Yahoo finance listing of stocks by symbol past 5+ yr and always been able to 're order' when adding a ticker, but now cannot move ticker to correct position in alphabetic order.

4 REPLIES
'Hoo Recruit

Re: unable to order ticker symbols as I used to do -using current safari but chrome doesn't work eit

I have same problem - hope someone can help.

clicked on reorder, but ticker symbols will not move.

Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: unable to order ticker symbols as I used to do -using current safari but chrome doesn't work ...

Hi - I can't replicate any problems with the Reorder stocks function.  Just to make sure you are following the correct process.  Once you click Reorder, you will see the vertical dots to the left of the ticker.  The reordering is done by dragging and dropping each ticker into the desired position.

If it is still not working for you, could you describe in more detail the steps you are taking and what happens when you try to drag the ticker into a new spot.  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
'Hoo Recruit

Re: unable to order ticker symbols as I used to do -using current safari but chrome doesn't work ...

That is exactly what I do. Click Reorder, then try to move the ticker by drag and drop. BUT IT DOESN'T move. Color of row changes like it is moving, but NOT.

Administratin' 'Hoo

@mallen @gmgmd - this may be a browser related issue.  First, please make sure you are using a browser that supports Yahoo products:

Internet Explorer - IE is no longer a supported browser for Yahoo products.

If you continue having problems, use these steps, starting with #1, then check if your problem is resolved before moving to the next step.

1. Clear your browser's cache.
  2. Update your browser.
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Make sure that JavaScript is enabled.
  5. Disable browser enhancements.
  6. Temporarily disable antivirus, antispyware, and firewall products.
  7. See if the Yahoo service works from another computer or mobile device.
  8. Reset your browser to default settings.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!