cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

stock symbols no longer delete from watchlist

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

stock symbols no longer delete from watchlist

Starting tonight, when pressing "confirm" for deletion of a stock symbol in the watchlist, now, nothing happens.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: stock symbols no longer delete from watchlist

This issue has been resolved. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
14 REPLIES
Administratin' 'Hoo

Thank you for the report @rama13 - I can replicate this and have sent the issue over to our engineering team for investigation.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
'Hoo Recruit

Same here, very frustrating.  Also can't delete individual lots.

This used to be a good tracking tool, however the "improvements" over the last few years have rendered it barely useful.  Cash and purchases and sales should be linked so we don't have to enter a transaction twice.

Administratin' 'Hoo

@Dalai_Pookah - Thank you, I have verified and added the Lots issue to this ticket.  I have also sent your feedback to the product team.

'Hoo Recruit

Nixon,

This has been going on for several days.

Often times when individuals report these types of problems, although very few may have reported the problem, it is likely impacting thousands (maybe tens of thousands) of your loyal Yahoo members.

Not certain who is ultimately accountable for the prioritization for correcting this issue, but the longer it takes, the more irritating it becomes.

Do the words sense of urgency mean anything to senior executives within Yahoo, especially those who oversee Yahoo Finance?

Is it  staffing issue?

Please, please, please let's get this addressed ASAP!

Clearly, there was a recent software change that all of a sudden prevented the ability to remove equities from watch lists; unto THAT and please do it ASAP!

Sense of urgency people!

Saying you are aware of an issue without any sense of timing for when it will be corrected may work for you but I find it pathetic.

Administratin' 'Hoo

@GRRRRRR - the issue is being worked on at this time.  It is not always possible to provide an ETA on a problem as the root cause must first be identified.  Again, we are aware and working on the issue.  Your patience and understanding is very appreciated.

'Hoo Recruit

Yahoo help,

Please update on not being able to delete stock symbols. It has been 6 days and there is no news. How can a company of Yahoo's size not be able to fix a simple software error?

Where is Yahoo management?

Please let us know as we (frequent traders)  are unable to manage our portfolios!

Best Regards,

Days Gone Bye

Administratin' 'Hoo

@DaysGoneBye - our engineers are continuing to work on the problem and we hope to have a solution in place soon.  Any updates will be posted here:  https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Known-issues-and-updates/Known-Issue-unable-to-delete-tickers-and-lots-f...

'Hoo Recruit

Dear Yahoo,

Visited the "know issues" page - your techs say this is limited to Safari & Firefox - I am using MS Edge & the symbols will not delete.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Days Gone Bye

Administratin' 'Hoo

Thank you for the additional info @DaysGoneBye - I have added Edge as an impacted browser to the engineering ticket.