cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

stock price alerts

SOLVED
New 'Hoo

Re: stock price alerts

any suggestions as where to start another list. I'm ready to move to another site...BF

'Hoo Recruit

how to disable stock alert? i am getting stock alerts every day for the stock i owned in 2015 which i am not interested anymore?

New 'Hoo

Apparently not the only having this Alert problem and impossible to change or cancel them.....Unbelievable that they don't do anyhing about it and millions of useless emails are going everyday on this....

'Hoo Recruit

Agree.  This is infuriating.  The Yahoo employees on here who think they are creating solutions are totally missing the point.  Like many on here, I get multiple e-mails from Yahoo about stocks I no longer even own.  I have deleted my entire stock portfolio to make this issue go away, but that does not help.  But maybe the most infuriating thing is that your own darn e-mails provide a link to unsubscribe to this information, and those links don't work.  So at a minimum, at least have the courtesy to either (a) change the e-mails to make it clear that you are working on the solution but that there is none right now or (b) create a landing page that gives this same message instead of a landing page that makes the user thinks that his/her internet connection is temporarily not working.

Administratin' 'Hoo

We apologize for the inconvenience this may be causing.  The alerts should stop in the near future (no ETA at this time).  In the meantime, you can create a mail filter to send those to the trash or spam folders.  Here is how:  https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN15994.html?impressions=true

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
New 'Hoo

IFTTT (*Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.*) uses yahoo finance information and one can setup email and push notification with various parameters there.

hj7
New 'Hoo

I am getting stock alerts but can't change them.  The link in the alert does not exist.

New 'Hoo

If the finance alerts are currently unavailable, then why am I still getting alert emails? I would like to stop alerts on stocks that I don't care about anymore. 

'Hoo Recruit

I work in IT, if you are sending out alerts, there must be a job that is running.  I don't understand how you no longer offer this service yet maintain the alerts set and do not allow users to cancel their alerts.  If you don't want code that in the application, then shut off the job that runs in the background from sending them out.

Yes, I know, I can create a filter and have it go to spam, but that's just a lazy response to something Yahoo should fix.

This should be IT 101.  Really hard to believe how this is still happening since you cancelled it back in 2015.

New 'Hoo

I can't get rid of an old alert either. Uninstalled yahoo hoping it would solve, but still get unwanted alert. Shame on yahoo for bad/no support.