cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

quotes.csv ==> Sorry, Unable to process request at this time -- error 999

New 'Hoo

quotes.csv ==> Sorry, Unable to process request at this time -- error 999

I'm getting an error message when I use this link:

https://download.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv

This is a temporary technical problem or the service has been permanently discontinued?

I hope it will be the first option.... :-) 

Thank you in advance

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES
New 'Hoo

Re: quotes.csv ==> Sorry, Unable to process request at this time -- error 999

I am receiving the same error message and wondered if this is a temprorary thing, or if the routing address has been adjusted.  Thanks!

wkw
New 'Hoo

Ditto!  Same problem occurring from all PCs in two separate networks, thus an apparent problem with the Yahoo! Finance " export" function.  I've been using that " export" function flawlessly for years and this is the first time that it has failed and given the error message: "Sorry, Unable to process request at this time -- error 999".

Please fix asap.  Thank you in advance.

'Hoo Recruit

" Unable to process request at this time -- error 999 " - finance API broken?

yup, me too, since 1 Nov, 2017   {please Fix/Restore this usefull feature}

" Unable to process request at this time -- error 999 "
... I was pretty-sure no good would come from  that Verizon-deal.

...  yahoo user for over 17+ years

New 'Hoo

Re: " Unable to process request at this time -- error 999 " - finance API broken?

since 11/1/2017 i have  a error in this link 

"*Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.*

"Column mismatch:"   "999 Unable to process request at this time -- error 999" 

<csv>
Column mismatch: [Ask, AverageDailyVolume, Bid, AskRealtime, BidRealtime, BookValue, Change&PercentChange, Change, Commission, Currency, ChangeRealtime, AfterHoursChangeRealtime, DividendShare, LastTradeDate, TradeDate, EarningsShare, ErrorIndicationreturnedforsymbolchangedinvalid, EPSEstimateCurrentYear, EPSEstimateNextYear, EPSEstimateNextQuarter, DaysLow, DaysHigh, YearLow, YearHigh, HoldingsGainPercent, AnnualizedGain, HoldingsGain, HoldingsGainPercentRealtime, HoldingsGainRealtime, MoreInfo, OrderBookRealtime, MarketCapitalization, MarketCapRealtime, EBITDA, ChangeFromYearLow, PercentChangeFromYearLow, LastTradeRealtimeWithTime, ChangePercentRealtime, ChangeFromYearHigh, PercebtChangeFromYearHigh, LastTradeWithTime, LastTradePriceOnly, HighLimit, LowLimit, DaysRange, DaysRangeRealtime, FiftydayMovingAverage, TwoHundreddayMovingAverage, ChangeFromTwoHundreddayMovingAverage, PercentChangeFromTwoHundreddayMovingAverage, ChangeFromFiftydayMovingAverage, PercentChangeFromFiftydayMovingAverage, Name, Notes, Open, PreviousClose, PricePaid, ChangeinPercent, PriceSales, PriceBook, ExDividendDate, PERatio, DividendPayDate, PERatioRealtime, PEGRatio, PriceEPSEstimateCurrentYear, PriceEPSEstimateNextYear, Symbol, SharesOwned, ShortRatio, LastTradeTime, TickerTrend, OneyrTargetPrice, Volume, HoldingsValue, HoldingsValueRealtime, YearRange, DaysValueChange, DaysValueChangeRealtime, StockExchange, DividendYield] vs <html><head><title>Yahoo! - 999 Unable to process request at this time -- error 999</title></head><body>Sorry, Unable to process request at this time -- error 999.</body></html>
</csv>

please check
probably is the same issues

thanks
New 'Hoo

Re: " Unable to process request at this time -- error 999 " - finance API broken?

"query.yahooapis.com/v1/public/yql?q=select%20*%20from%20yahoo.finance.quotes%20where%20symbol%20IN%20(%22NESRW%22)&diagnostics=true&env=store%3A%2F%2Fdatatables.org%2Falltableswithkeys"

Administratin' 'Hoo

It has come to our attention that this service is being used in violation of the Yahoo Terms of Service.  As such, the service is being discontinued.  For all future markets and equities data research, please refer to finance.yahoo.com  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Established 'Hoo

Congratulations. That is the most dishonest service discontinuation announcement that I have ever heard. Captain Louis Renault would be proud. ("I'm shocked! Shocked! to find that gambling is going on here!")

jcp
Pro 'Hoo

Latest message returned:

"It has come to our attention that this service is being used in violation of the Yahoo Terms of Service. As such, the service is being discontinued. For all future markets and equities data research, please refer to finance.yahoo.com."