cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

"Today's Change" info for ITA is wrong

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

"Today's Change" info for ITA is wrong

For the ITA (iShares US Aerospace and Defense ETF), the ETF price is correct, but the "today's change" is often wrong.  For example, Sept. 7th 3:25 pm says that the ETF is down 3.28 or 1.92%.  This is incorrect.  The stock is actually down 0.08 or 0.05%.  BIG difference.

Why is this happening?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Finance All-star

Re: "Today's Change" info for ITA is wrong

@Nixon

This continues to be a problem. YF is using the 5-Oct-2017 close in the $ Chg calculation for ITA and IYZ. You can see from the screenshots below that ITA should display -0.64 not -0.44. IYZ should be -0.17 not -0.28. I wonder if this is being caused by these ETFs now trading on the BATS exchange.

ITAITAIYZIYZ

5 REPLIES
Administratin' 'Hoo

Hi- I checked the ticker on several sites and it appears the data is consistent on all sites:

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Finance All-star

@Nixon

I have seen a similar problem like this before. ICF is a current example.

ICF quote summaryICF quote summary

Finance All-star

This is another that's a real mess today. It looks like YF is calculating the price change using the August 31 close.

Screenshot 2017-09-08 at 7.56.56 PM.png

Finance All-star

@Nixon

This continues to be a problem. YF is using the 5-Oct-2017 close in the $ Chg calculation for ITA and IYZ. You can see from the screenshots below that ITA should display -0.64 not -0.44. IYZ should be -0.17 not -0.28. I wonder if this is being caused by these ETFs now trading on the BATS exchange.

ITAITAIYZIYZ

Administratin' 'Hoo

@TRock @rayo - Thanks for the information.  I have opened a ticket with engineering to investigate this problem.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!