cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

iOS app showing blank news story

New 'Hoo

iOS app showing blank news story

I am having trboule reading certain news stories on the iOS app, when I scroll down a news story, I can read about only 30% of the story, afterwards it just become blank, if you try tab on the screen , select and copy the text it is there, but on the screen it is just blank, anybody having same problems? I tried my wife's iPhone 7 it is same there, i am using an iPhone5
1 REPLY
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: iOS app showing blank news story

Hi - I am unable to replicate this behavior.  This may be an issue with the app on your device.  First, please make sure you are on the most recent version of the app.  Here are some troubleshooting steps to try:

App functionality problems

App is slow, freezes, or crashes

Yahoo apps work best on the latest version of the iOS software. Before trying any of the steps below check you have the latest version of iOS. If you're using an iOS beta version, try updating to the latest official iOS release.

1. Force stop and restart the app
    When you force stop an app it refreshes the active memory for the app.
  2. Restart the device
    If you're still having problems with the app after you restart the device, the app could be corrupt.
  3. Uninstall and reinstall the app
    It's possible the app has become corrupt. Install a fresh copy of the app to fix this problem.

If you continue to have problems, please provide some tickers that you are experiencing this issue with.  Thank you!

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!