cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

adding japanese stocks to portfolio?

SOLVED
Pro 'Hoo

adding japanese stocks to portfolio?

Why can't I add Japanese stocks (from Tokyo Stock Exchange) to a Yahoo Finance portfolio?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: adding japanese stocks to portfolio?

Thank you @jak613 - I have reported this to our engineering team and they are investigating. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Administratin' 'Hoo

@jake8265  We have quotes available for the London Stock Exchange.  You will need to put a .L at the end of the ticker.  For Toronto Exchange tickers a .TO at the end of ticker will get you the quote.  For example:

The following help article will show you all the exchange extensions used by Yahoo Finance:  https://help.yahoo.com/kb/finance-app-for-android/SLN2310.html

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
21 REPLIES
Administratin' 'Hoo

Hi - could you provide some ticker examples you are using so we can test and report any issues found.  Thank you.

Pro 'Hoo

Ticker Examples:

Ticker:  (Tokyo Stock Exchange)

Fanuc                            6954

Seven and i Holdings    3382

Administratin' 'Hoo

Thank you @jak613 - I have reported this to our engineering team and they are investigating. 

'Hoo Recruit

Japanese stocks still cannot be added to Yahoo finance portfolios.  

When will this be fixed?  

Pro 'Hoo

Why does it read problem "solved?"  The problem has NOT been solved!  Japanese stocks traded on the Tokyo Stock Exchange still can't be added to the Yahoo portfolios.  Help, please!

Pro 'Hoo

I first submitted this problem over a month ago.  There has been No fix.  Stocks traded on the Tokyo Stock Exchange-one of three or four largest exchanges in the world-can NOT be added to Yahoo portfolios.  What's the problem?

New 'Hoo

I need to do this too....any advice? Case is not solved yet.

'Hoo Recruit

Nixon, why can one not add stocks listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange to Yahoo Finance portfolios?  

On every other finance website offering a portfolio feature - Google Finance, MSN Finance - one can add Japanese stocks to a portfolio feature.  But not on Yahoo Finance. 

Please correct this as soon as possible.   

Contributin' 'Hoo

also i would say the the IOS built in yahoo finance app CAN add japanese stocks so YAHOO can solve this issue quickly ...

i was told that yahoo will add this somtime in the 4th QTR since i posted this question few months back so lets see