cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

Yahoo stock quote downloads - US stocks

SOLVED
Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Yahoo stock quote downloads - US stocks

Until yesterday afternoon (11/1/17) I was able to download stock quotes to Excel. Now I get "Run-time error '1004: Application-defined or object-defined error".

I am not  programmer - please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: Yahoo stock quote downloads - US stocks

It has come to our attention that this service is being used in violation of the Yahoo Terms of Service.  As such, the service is being discontinued.  For all future markets and equities data research, please refer to finance.yahoo.com.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
8 REPLIES
'Hoo Recruit

We have the same problem. Please help.

Pro 'Hoo

After many years, I am having the same problem downloading quotes using the "http://finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=AZPN+AGG+AGO+ . . . . " command. Is something broken permanently or is a fix underway?

Administratin' 'Hoo

It has come to our attention that this service is being used in violation of the Yahoo Terms of Service.  As such, the service is being discontinued.  For all future markets and equities data research, please refer to finance.yahoo.com.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Pro 'Hoo

That absoluteley sucks. I depend on the quotes to manage my portfolio.

'Hoo Recruit

Looks like Yahoo - API for fetching stock quotes is not working as of ~ 16:00 November 01, 2017.

Don't know what Yahoo changed. Hope they allow the API to work again soon.

Yahoo -- Please publish who we can get the stock quotes for personnal use.

'Hoo Recruit

I wonder if you realise how many people you are affecting here. I too have been using this download to manage my portfolio for years. I'd be happy to pay for it if necessary. I'm not aware of any alternative.

Administratin' 'Hoo

I understand your frustrations with this decision.  The Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum is the place where you can provide feedback and the Finance team can see it:  https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/382977  Thank you.

'Hoo Recruit

I don't understand why Yahoo would turn off such a valuable service.  I certainly never meant to violate the Terms of Service.  I feel like a criminal.