cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Yahoo Portfolios showing wrong totals???

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

Yahoo Portfolios showing wrong totals???

Hi, I just spent 2 hours transferring all my portfolios from Google to Yahoo as Google service is ending in November.

I am now extremely frustrated as Yahoo portfolios are showing the wrong sums!

They have even miscalculated the value of a stock I own. 500 shareTESTEST. Yahoo is showing the total as 8,382.74??? How is this possible?

How can Yahoo Portfolio no correctly do these simple calculations?

What can I do to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Finance All-star

Re: Yahoo Portfolios showing wrong totals???

@Cutter111

I just created the below test portfolio and it seems to work fine here in the US. Are you using the Canadian Yahoo Finance site? I am not seeing any of the other problems you have listed below. I switched between different views multiple times and none of the portfolio values ever changed. You might want to clear your cache and delete YF cookies to see if that helps.

I have pasted some screenshots below that shows the difference once you change the portfolio currency.

Screenshot 2017-10-06 at 8.33.06 PM.pngCAD portfolio currencyScreenshot 2017-10-06 at 8.33.40 PM.pngUSD portfolio currencyScreenshot 2017-10-06 at 8.34.06 PM.pngMy HoldingsScreenshot 2017-10-06 at 8.37.04 PM.pngMy Portfolios

18 REPLIES
Administratin' 'Hoo

Hi @Cutter111 - Could you let me know the names of the portfolios you are having trouble with in your account and I will have an engineer take a look at them to see what the problem is.  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Finance All-star

Why am I seeing TESTTEST in posts?

@Cutter111, what ticker are you having a problem with the total and what currency are you using for the portfolio list? How many shares and the cost basis also.

'Hoo Recruit

Hi, the portfolio is Canadian stocks. There is a number of errors such as:

1. The total is value is wrong.

2. Everytime I switch  from Summary, to Fundamentals, to my Holdings the values change. The difference between Summary and My Holdings is $18,000!

3. Some stocks in My Holdings aren't showing fields such as Lot Value, and Change. Even though it recognizes the stock and the number of shares I have entered.

4. My stock WIR-U.TO has calculated the wrong total. I have 500 shares at todays price of 13.49, which should equal 6,745. Yahoo Finance shows a total of 8,492.83???

Please advise and fix ASAP.

Thanks

'Hoo Recruit

Hi Rayo, when I type in a stock it replaces it with TESTTEST???

The stock is WPT Industrial Real Estate on the TSX. I bought 500 shares and the current price is $13.49. Yahoo Finance is showing a total of 8,491.95 when the total should be 6,745??

'Hoo Recruit

Another problem I've just noticed is that when I export the portfolio to excel, the spreadsheet doesn't show the lot values or Total change percentages for each stock as well as the total value of the portfolio ??

'Hoo Recruit

I am experiencing the same thing in my  portfolio is titled US stocks. There is a number of errors such as:

1. The total is value is wrong.

2. Everytime I switch  from Summary, to Fundamentals, to my Holdings the values change.

3. Some stocks in My Holdings aren't showing fields such as Lot Value, and Change. Even though it recognizes the stock and the number of shares I have entered.

Administratin' 'Hoo

@Cutter111 @rayo - sorry about the "TEST" wording that appears.  That is due to our posting filters and is being addressed.

I do not have access to portfolios so I will send this over to engineering so they can access it and take a look.  In regards to #4 the 6k figure is if you have your portfolio currency set to USD the 8k figure is CAD currency.

You can change the portfolio currency by clicking on the 'settings; link next to your portfolio:

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Finance All-star

@Cutter111

I just created the below test portfolio and it seems to work fine here in the US. Are you using the Canadian Yahoo Finance site? I am not seeing any of the other problems you have listed below. I switched between different views multiple times and none of the portfolio values ever changed. You might want to clear your cache and delete YF cookies to see if that helps.

I have pasted some screenshots below that shows the difference once you change the portfolio currency.

Screenshot 2017-10-06 at 8.33.06 PM.pngCAD portfolio currencyScreenshot 2017-10-06 at 8.33.40 PM.pngUSD portfolio currencyScreenshot 2017-10-06 at 8.34.06 PM.pngMy HoldingsScreenshot 2017-10-06 at 8.37.04 PM.pngMy Portfolios

'Hoo Recruit

I completely disagree that this has been solved!

Yes, I am using Yahoo Canada. If your solution is to use Yahoo.com then this is not a solution.

The stock wir-u.to is clearly on the TSX as indicated by the extension .to. Therefore why would they think this one stock in my portfolio is in USD when it is on the .TO exchange and my portfolio is in CAD?