cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Yahoo Porfolio view

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Yahoo Porfolio view

I have used and stuck with Yahoo for years despite it's many shortcomings. Now, however, might be the "last straw". They have apparently changed the portfolio view which no longer shows any of my previous data, notes or specific "buy" points. Shameful!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Established 'Hoo

Re: Yahoo Porfolio view

There should be a popup when you get the page. It shows in the lower right hand corner and asks for comments or to switch to the original (classic?) view. I switched mine to the original. This new layout is meaningless and innacurate. My wife panicked thinking a stock had tanked. The original layout is superior. I spent days and days updating the portfolio with dividend reinvestments, sales and buys. Why they would want to mess with soething that works is a mystery to me.

Yahoo did this before with Yahoo Groups and essentially decimated the groups with a new awful GUI. There were thousands of complaints, the majority requesting the old back. Yahoo ignored and presssed on. The groups I visited have had membership dwindle beacuase the neo GUI doesn't work, makes no sense.

8 REPLIES
Established 'Hoo

There should be a popup when you get the page. It shows in the lower right hand corner and asks for comments or to switch to the original (classic?) view. I switched mine to the original. This new layout is meaningless and innacurate. My wife panicked thinking a stock had tanked. The original layout is superior. I spent days and days updating the portfolio with dividend reinvestments, sales and buys. Why they would want to mess with soething that works is a mystery to me.

Yahoo did this before with Yahoo Groups and essentially decimated the groups with a new awful GUI. There were thousands of complaints, the majority requesting the old back. Yahoo ignored and presssed on. The groups I visited have had membership dwindle beacuase the neo GUI doesn't work, makes no sense.

Administratin' 'Hoo

The Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum is the place where you can provide feedback.  The product developers look there for customer comments.  Here’s the url: https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/382977  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Established 'Hoo

Final straw! I am gone to greener and more understandable pastures. Lots of luck Yahoo paying off Marissa who did such a wonderful job! (Tongue inserted deeply in cheek)

Established 'Hoo

Forgot to say bye. 

'Hoo Recruit

What popup on what page?  I get nothing except some market indices across the top of any of my portfolio screen views

'Hoo Recruit

looking for a suitable replacement for YAHOO no wonder they are loosing followers and sinking they just do not care because they feel patrons have no other stock tracking options  WRONG

'Hoo Recruit

POP UP NO LONGER GIVES OPTION TO SWITCH BACK TO ORIGINAL VIEW  AT LEAST ON THE PCs I AM USING

New 'Hoo

It Saturday Apr 29th and  I can't access my portfolio. What's up?

Kenw