cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Yahoo Finance trolls

New 'Hoo

Yahoo Finance trolls

- I enjoy yahoo finance, especially for conversations about different companies. Most companies tickers on yahoo finance provide great conversation under the conversations tab, check it out if you haven't. However for certain companies, like walmart - there is almost no relevant information about the company and has instead become a forum for people to post their political ideaologies. Why doesn't yahoo finance do anything to get rid of these trolls? 

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: Yahoo Finance trolls

Hi @TannerTDB -

When discussion or comments cross a line and become offensive or abusive you can report it to Yahoo or "mute" a user to hide their comments. When you mute someone, their comments will be hidden for you across the Yahoo network.

1. Mouse over the Abuse options icon Abuse reporting options menu icon in Yahoo Sports. next to the comment.
  2. Click Report Abuse or Mute (screen name).
If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
New 'Hoo

Re: Yahoo Finance trolls

I'm not sure if you're familliar with the issue, please compare wmt converations as an example with say cvs and you'll see what I'm talking about. one is 99% trolls spamming irrelevant articles/ political drama and the other is a standard forum discussing stocks. There is too many trolls on wmt and a few other stocks to mute them all.