cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

Yahoo Finance stock quotes to excel no longer functioning

Established 'Hoo

Yahoo Finance stock quotes to excel no longer functioning

I have an excel spreadsheet to track stock prices for personal use.  The following formula imports stock prices from yahoo. (=NUMBERVALUE(WEBSERVICE("http://download.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s="&D4&"&f=l1")))    "D4" refers to a field with the stock symbol.   This formula stopped working this week and I'm wondering whether the issue is with Excel or Yahoo discontinuing this service.  If the later, is there any work-arounds or new formulas to help enable importing stock prices into an excel spreadsheet?   Thanks!

3 REPLIES
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: Yahoo Finance stock quotes to excel no longer functioning

It has come to our attention that this service is being used in violation of the Yahoo Terms of Service.  As such, the service is being discontinued.  For all future markets and equities data research, please refer to finance.yahoo.com  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Established 'Hoo

Nixon - Can you please be more specific about what is violating the terms and conditions?  Is Yahoo no longer allowing stock quotes to be downloaded into an excel spreadsheet viat webservice function?  Is there an alternative that Yahoo is supporting other than going to yahoo's website each time we want to see a stock price? 

'Hoo Recruit

dude help me i changed my phone number AND I NEED TO IT TO GET A CODE TO CONFIRM TO ENTER IN THE YAHOO ACC