cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

Yahoo Finance exported Historical data for Australia has date with one day offset

'Hoo Recruit

Yahoo Finance exported Historical data for Australia has date with one day offset

If I view the Historical Data for stocks in Australia I see the pricing on the correct dates for the week.  But if I export them to CSV, the dates are off by one day.  

IE:  Last week the days of the seek were 9th to the 13th of October.  This is correctly shown in the web page.  But the CSV that is exported has the dates as 8th to the 12th October.

For example: TWD.AX shows this.  I am seeing it on all .AX stocks

Dates prior to October 2017 are OK.  Only those exported dates after October 1 are bad.

16 REPLIES
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: Yahoo Finance exported Historical data for Australia has date with one day offset

@dgarrard - thank you for the report.  I'll have engineering take a look at the problem.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Pro 'Hoo

Re: Yahoo Finance exported Historical data for Australia has date with one day offset

ASX historic CSV data is still still out of synch.  Dragging on a bit and hope you can resolve the issue soon. 

Administratin' 'Hoo

@hagar - we apologize for the delay in getting this resolved.  I have updated the ticket to let the Finance team know we have customers inquiring about the status of this issue.  If I can get a specific ETA, I will post it here.  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Established 'Hoo

Bumping this thread - it has been 4 weeks now and ASX Download Now data has not been fixed.  

Dates are all off by one date.

Administratin' 'Hoo

@tapioca - we have not forgot about this issue.  The ticket is still open with engineering and being worked on. 

'Hoo Recruit

Nixon.....the problem has not been addressed. I thought Yahoo was a major IT player. How come Yahoo does not have the resources to fix such a mundane issue?

Administratin' 'Hoo

@Yotony - technical issues that appear mundane are not always as they appear.  This issue is with engineering and we will have a fix in place as soon as possible.  Thank you for your patience.

Pro 'Hoo

But patience is wearing very thin. Particularly inlight of Yahoos insane decision to drop the CSV data download service last week without notice, causing untold inconvenience to thousands, which now only after a major customer backlash appears to have been reinstated.  I need an accurate, reliable, consistent service from a professional provider and in recent times Yahoo is falling way short of this benchmark.  I am happy to go elsewhere and pay for the sevice and I persevere with Yahoo because of the convenience it has previously offered, but repeated disruptions and poor data now have me on the lookout for an alternative provider of these services.

'Hoo Recruit

@Nixon - crap. Yahoo was running this for years. What has changed? This is not rocket science. This has gone on way too long. No wonder the Yahoo brand is filth now and yet in the 1990's was right up there with the best.

Pull your finger out. Get it done ! Now !