cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Wrong market Cap fot Gol

Pro 'Hoo

Wrong market Cap fot Gol

Market cap for Gol (ADRs listed at NYSE) is wrong. On Nov 20 GOL Adrs was splited. I talked to capital iq but the mistake is at yahoo finance.
i work at gol IR department and I dont know what to do to have the data corrected.
12 REPLIES
Pro 'Hoo

Re: Wrong market Cap fot Gol

Is there any email or phone number I call reach the data team ? I ve been trying to solve this problem since nov 21 and I m having a lot of trouble because of this. I talked to Capital IQ but the problem is not there. I have the historical email from Capital IQ team an I wanted to forward for Yahoo finance team. Please help!!
'Hoo Recruit

Re: Wrong Monthly Pricing for VXX

Daily pricing appears OK but monthly Adjusted Price is way off the mark during 5/15-11/15!  This disrupts all future adjusted pricing that follows.

Thanks

Finance All-star

@SantosMariane

What should the Market Cap be for GOL? All financial sites seem to have a different value so it's not just a Yahoo Finance problem. I see values from $600M up to $1.53B.

wsj.comwsj.comGoogle FinanceGoogle Finance

Pro 'Hoo

Correct Market Cap is US$ 1,535***Phone Number Removed - Learn more.***tal IQ. Shares outstanding is taken from the most recently filed quarterly or annual report.

But other services provider (as Bloomberg for example), correct historical Shares Outstanding in case of splits.

I don't know what to do to correct MARKET CAP at yahoo.

Pro 'Hoo

Correct Market Cap is US$ 1,535MM.

Last Price US$ 8.83 x ~174 ADRs Outstanding.

As GOL has common shares and preferred shares, calculation of shares oustanding is:

TOTAL Shares = Common Shares/35* + Preferred Shares

TOTAL ADRs** = TOTAL Shares / 2 (after split of Nov 21)

(*) 1 Preferred Share is equivalent a 35 Common Shares

(**) 1 ADR is equivalent a 2 Preferred Shares

TODAY GOL has 5,035 Common Shares and 203***Phone Number Removed - Learn more.***ng data from Capital IQ. Shares outstanding is taken from the most recently filed quarterly or annual report.

But other services provider (as Bloomberg for example), correct historical Shares Outstanding in case of splits.

I don't know what to do to correct MARKET CAP at yahoo.

Administratin' 'Hoo

@SantosMariane - I have sent this issue over to our Finance engineering team who will contact Capital IQ and we will make any needed correction.  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Finance All-star

@SantosMariane

The most recent 6-K on sec.gov shows the below number of shares. I assume this is pretty close to what YF should display for the Market Cap.

The number of shares used for calculation was 347,716,938 in 3Q17 and 347,242,172 in 3Q16, considering the ratio of 35 common shares per preferred share.

347,716,938 shares / 2 (1 ADR:2 ORD) = 173,858,469 shares x $9.24/ADR = $1.61B market cap

Pro 'Hoo

Hi

do you have any idea when we shall have this problem solved?

ADR split was on Nov 21st, and 7 days have already passed...

Thank you,

BR,

Administratin' 'Hoo

@SantosMariane - The ticket was submitted yesterday to engineering.  We do not have an ETA at this time, but it is being actively worked on so it shouldn't take too long.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!