cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

Where is the Industry Browser?

SOLVED
Pro 'Hoo

Re: Where is the Industry Browser?

Hello I really appreciate you finding a link with similar information. Could you please email it to me? Mvstxr @ gmail . com. I really would love an overview of industry and sector evaluations.
Finance All-star

You can go to the main YF finance page and hover over Industries, you can then select 1 of the 9 lists. This will take you to the screener and you can narrow down your choice by Industry. It seems to be similar to what's available at Google Finance.

I believe YF should change the header title to Sectors instead of Industries since that is what the screener plugs in from the selection on the main page. I don't remember what the old industry browser looked like or the detailed information displayed about each member of an industry/sector. It looks like Market Cap, PE Ratio and 52 Week Range.

Pro 'Hoo

I absolutely loathe the stock screener. It is not helpful at all. What they supposedly discontinued had some real utility.
New 'Hoo

Hi sir,

i am facing this problem also and i wonder if you have the last excel sheet from this link.

Pro 'Hoo

Wow, I really wish I did. The industry by sector list was so awesome.
Pro 'Hoo

I was lamenting the disappearance of the old industry browser too until I realized I can use the screener to simulate, even improve, the old industry browser.  Start a new screen and just select the region, sector and industry you want and all of the stocks come up.  It actually is better because there are far more criteria you can use to filter the list, it just takes a few extra steps.  It is region specific, unlike the old browser, but that means the list isn't clutterred up with a bunch of foreign stocks that I can't trade anyway, and the price and Market cap filters can weed out the penny stocks I don't want either.. I just checked  US region, all market caps, a sector, an industry, and hit "find stocks".     Hopes this helps you out.

Pro 'Hoo

Oh my goodness y'all I found it! And I still love yahoo even though this took for ever for me to eventually find myself, and with the help of all y'all too! So it is all under the equity screener, now I have an average list about things I have as alternatives to put my hands in. So, I appreciate y'all for the assistance in this journey about wealth and knowledge!