cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

UK FTSE All Share (^FTAS) not working on Yahoo Finance

Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

UK FTSE All Share (^FTAS) not working on Yahoo Finance

Hello,

What is happening today with the UK FTSE All Share (^FTAS) index from London market?

Yesterday it worked perfectly, but today when I try going to https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/quote/^FTAS?p=^FTAS - the website tells me this stock is unavailable Smiley Sad  (No results for '^ftas')

Maybe its symbol has changed on Yahoo Finance or something? But then I don't understand why auto-suggest feature suggests this symbol when typing the ^FTAS symbol into a search field: screencast [dot] com/t/32mmZs5M

Please clarify.

Thanks

5 REPLIES
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: UK FTSE All Share (^FTAS) not working on Yahoo Finance

@VladimirL - The ^FTAS page https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/quote/^FTAS?p=^FTAS seems to be displaying correctly today.  If you are still receiving an 'unavailable' message, please clear your browsers cache and try the link again.  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
'Hoo Recruit

Many friends and colleagues are still seeing this problem. ^FTAS is often not recognised.

This URL: *Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.*

often produces the result:

{"quoteResponse":{"result":[],"error":null}}

It is totally random, and a query one minute can work, and fail just seconds later 

Some other shares exhibit the same problem (MRW.L is one example), some shares never exhibit the problem.

The problem has been apparent for a month or more and shows no sign of improvement

Administratin' 'Hoo

From the error message you posted, it appears that you are referring to the old Yahoo Finance API.  That feature has been discontinued by Yahoo Finance.  More information can be found here.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
'Hoo Recruit

I know about the API change, but I see the same problems on a browser interface (Chrome, firefox, Opera, on Windows 7 and Linux). Some shares and indices frequently show no price, or wrong currency. Totally random.

Administratin' 'Hoo

@kiloran - I will alert our engineering team to this issue.  I still cannot replicate the behavior on my end.  Could you let me know if you are accessing the site from the US or Europe?