cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

TTM P/E ratio is incorrect

SOLVED
New 'Hoo

TTM P/E ratio is incorrect

Hello,

Every time I go into the stock performance on yahoo finance, it shows that the PE ratio for LIVN is 155 (more or less). Why is that and what can be done to correct this stat?  Can you advise how this stat is calculated?  I’m assuming it based on GAAP results?

Thank you in advance,

MC

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: TTM P/E ratio is incorrect

The PE ratio has now been corrected.  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
4 REPLIES
Administratin' 'Hoo

Hi @mchism -

The data appears correct. 

In this case for today 82.74 / .566 = 146.18   (Price Per share divided by EPS ttm

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Finance All-star

@Nixon

The US GAAP TTM earnings per share for LIVN should be $1.17 not $0.56 as of 30-Sep-2017. I assume this has to do with YF not having timely updates to their Diluted EPS (ttm) field in the Statistics tab. LIVN released their 3Q17 results on 2-Nov-2017 so I guess it takes YF more than a month to update this field. The sites morningstar.com, wsj.com and Google Finance all have updated their financials through 3Q2017.

EPS (ttm) from 3Q17 = $0.57 + 0.98 + 0.23 - 0.61 = $1.17

EPS (ttm) from 2Q17 = $0.98 + 0.23 - 0.61 - 0.03 = $0.57

Diluted EPS

3Q17 $0.57

2Q17 $0.98

1Q17 $0.23

4Q16 $(0.61)

3Q16 $(0.03)

Screenshot 2017-12-04 at 9.06.50 PM.pngwsj.com

Administratin' 'Hoo

Thank you @rayo  I will get this over to our engineers who will work with our data provider to get this corrected.

Administratin' 'Hoo

The PE ratio has now been corrected.  Thank you.