cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

Re-ordering stock list within a portfolio

New 'Hoo

Re-ordering stock list within a portfolio

The new version includes the opportunity to re-order stocks in the stock list within a portfolio (as did the previous version) but, after clicking the Save button, the resulting list does not retain the order achieved on the page that allows the user to re-order and save.  Is that an experience others have had?  Solution?

7 REPLIES
Pro 'Hoo

Re: Re-ordering stock list within a portfolio

I have exactly the same problem. When I add a new stock to the portfolio, it goes to the top. I reroder it, and save it. 

On the portfolio view page, the order is fine, but when I go back to myyahoo page, where I have a summary of the portfolio holdings, the order is wrong.

Is it me or is Yahoo doesn't seem to test their product before realsing it? This is a very basic feature.

Administratin' 'Hoo

@bijan1963 - We are aware that the portfolio data may not be accurately displayed on the My Yahoo page.  We hope to have this fixed in the near future.  In the meantime, you could bookmark the portfolio from the finance page for quick access.

@mg1001 - We cannot replicate the issue you are describing.  Could you try clearing your browsers cache and try re-ordering your stock list again.  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Pro 'Hoo

It is very frustrating. This problem has been going on for at least over a month if not longer. 

I have been a loyal Yahoo user since the very early days (1996). It seems others are getting better every day and Yahoo is getting worse. I really hope things start to improve with the new Yahoo.

New 'Hoo

Can anyone tell me who authored the folowing?  A Yahoo employee?  It appeared in our messaging string.

"We are aware that the portfolio data may not be accurately displayed on the My Yahoo page.  We hope to have this fixed in the near future.  In the meantime, you could bookmark the portfolio from the finance page for quick access."

Pro 'Hoo

still having the same problem and still not fix from Yahoo. Very frustrating. seems like Yahoo does not care.

Administratin' 'Hoo

@bijan1963 - This issue with the portfolio data on the My Yahoo page is a known issue but will not be fixed for some time.  Please access your portfolios directly from finance.yahoo.com at this time.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
New 'Hoo

It is now November and this problem still exists.  Jumbled information is not useful information.