cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Portfolio

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Portfolio

Why is the Total Gain calculation in my portfolio in error, e.g. a huge negative number?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: Portfolio

@Muspring80 - This sounds like it may be an error with the value input into the 'cost basis' field.  That field should have the individual share price and not the total purchase amount.  That could cause a large gain/loss figure.  Let us know if that is not the problem.

1. Sign in to Yahoo Finance.
  2. On the My Portfolios page, select the list you want to edit.
  3. Click My Holdings.
  4. Select the checkbox for a symbol to show its lots.
  5. Change the information for each lot you want to edit (the info is saved automatically).
If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
1 REPLY
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: Portfolio

@Muspring80 - This sounds like it may be an error with the value input into the 'cost basis' field.  That field should have the individual share price and not the total purchase amount.  That could cause a large gain/loss figure.  Let us know if that is not the problem.

1. Sign in to Yahoo Finance.
  2. On the My Portfolios page, select the list you want to edit.
  3. Click My Holdings.
  4. Select the checkbox for a symbol to show its lots.
  5. Change the information for each lot you want to edit (the info is saved automatically).
If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!