cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Portfolio data inaccurate - Days change and %, bid price 6/30/16-some in error since 6/10/16

Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Portfolio data inaccurate - Days change and %, bid price 6/30/16-some in error since 6/10/16

Once again, on June 30, 2016, Yahoo portfolio data for stock options is inaccurate. The days change and percent values (as well as bid prices) are not getting reset before the beginning of the trading day. This is occurring today on stock options in my portfolio for AMZN, FB, FIT, GOOGL, HD, LMT, LUV, NFLX, SBUX, SPY, UA and ULTA. This problem has been reported on this board at least nine times since the first of the year. Specific options are AMZN***Phone Number Removed***V170120C00035000, NFLX170120C00100000, SBUX170120C00055000, SPY***Phone Number Removed***YOU REALLY LISTENING, YAHOO??

2 REPLIES
Moderatin' 'Hoo

Re: Portfolio data inaccurate - Days change and %, bid price 6/30/16-some in error since 6/10/16

Hello,

Please note that U.S. exchanges may not show active trading info during hours when the markets are closed or during officially announced U.S. national holidays.

Information about market hours and holidays can be found in each market's schedule:

I hope this helps.

Thanks. 

Pro 'Hoo

Re: Portfolio data inaccurate - Days change and %, bid price 6/30/16-some in error since 6/10/16

I am aware the bid values may not be correct outside of trading hours, HOWEVER, the lack of reset of the DAYS CHANGE and % values at the beginning of each trading day makes the total value for days change absolutely worthless.  These fields should ALWAYS be reset to zero at the beginning of each trading day.  For some reason, this is done correctly for some of the values but not others.  For example, after the markets opened this morning (7/6/16), the following were in error: AMZN, HD, LMT and ULTA. This problem has been reported on this board at least eleven times since the first of the year. Specific options today are AMZN***Phone Number Removed***ys change and percent values were not reset overnight last night for the following stocks:  EXPE, HRL, LB, MSFT and CLLS.  I have screen snapshots showing the errors I'd be happy to share if anyone at Yahoo should finally start investigating these errors.  I've been using Yahoo Portfolios for over 14 years and am ready to find a new portal (bye-bye advertising revenues for Yahoo) because the financial data cannot be relied on.