cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Porffolio Total gain issue with pounds

SOLVED
Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Porffolio Total gain issue with pounds

Hi

I have all my investments in €, but recently I have included an english company in my portfolio which I bought in pounds. I have included the cost basis in € and the Day's Gain is ok, it shows me in euros (that is my default currency in the platform) but in the Total Gain I am afraid it catches the pounds multiplying for the number of shares and it creates me a lot of fake losses that I really don't have, but it makes all my total numbers wrong.

Please find attached the issue:

Symbol Change Shares Cost Basis Market Value Day Gain Total Gain No. of Lots Notes
WPP.L1,246.50 +0.69%+8.50 ***Phone Number Removed - Learn more.***n class="_3Bucv _2wFXG">5,655.42 +0.69%+38.56 -77.56%-19,550.55 1 lot -

As you can see I have a small profit, but the total gain says that I have lost 19,550.55 euros which is add to my Total gain making all the totals wrong. Did I do something wrong? Why does it not working in the same way that with the Day Gain?

Thanks

Best regards

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Finance All-star

Re: Porffolio Total gain issue with pounds

@TroyMclure - the Cost Basis must always be entered in the currency that the security trades in. It doesn't matter the currency of the overall portfolio.

Screenshot 2018-06-13 at 9.36.50 PM.png

Pro 'Hoo

Thank you very much. It is working now.

2 REPLIES
Finance All-star

@TroyMclure - the Cost Basis must always be entered in the currency that the security trades in. It doesn't matter the currency of the overall portfolio.

Screenshot 2018-06-13 at 9.36.50 PM.png

Pro 'Hoo

Thank you very much. It is working now.