cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

Old News appearing under ticker TXMD

Pro 'Hoo

Old News appearing under ticker TXMD

Old news is appearing under the ticker TXMD in yahoo finance.

This seems to be only happenning on a mobile device via the Finance app.

The first article when tapping on TXMD ticker is "FDA Expresses Concern on...." dated May 9th 2017.

That is OLD news.  

When viewing it via the browser-> https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/TXMD?p=TXMD the first article is "ThereapeuticsMD CEO on the switch to Nasdaq from NYSE" dated October 9th, 2017.

Due to the amount users out there viewing this ticker symbol via the Finance app using a mobile device, please correct this ASAP as it is relaying OLD news.  Investors who are unaware of this issue are relying on OLD news articles as opposed to the most recent.

A few extracts from the message board under Newest Reactions:

Patch
3 hours ago
take the **@#%(word removed)**ing old news down. Yahoo is rediculous to allow it.

Patch
4 days ago
yahoo finance is disseminating false or old news. They are giving fake news as if it was todays articles. Even Yahoo is complicit in trying to drive TXMD down. When someone uses questionable language they are right on top of it with xyxz# #$%$ but when they allow old news they do nothing. Bulls#xxt

18 REPLIES
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: Old News appearing under ticker TXMD

@betcha663 - Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I have tested this and it appears this error is only with the Android app (iOS and desktop are showing the current news feed).

I have alerted engineering and we will get this fixed as soon as possible.  Thanks!

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
'Hoo Recruit

Remove the old news! It appears to be intentional manipulation

Administratin' 'Hoo

@MNsap - please see the previous response on this topic.  This is a news feed issue.  How do you feel this is intentional manipulation? 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
'Hoo Recruit

What are the odds that from all possible news only negative news from May show up? Why are not fixing it?

Administratin' 'Hoo

We are working on the problem as stated previously.  Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve it.

Pro 'Hoo

Unfortunately although perhaps non-intentional the longer something like this (old news appearing) is not addressed, the greater the 'appearance' or 'theories' of deceptiveness will remain and/or accumulate.  I certainly hope that there is real focus and priority on the issue because we are talking about a real stock with real people who are investing real money in that stock.

Just to address your inquiry on how this can be considered or felt this can have the 'appearance' of intentional manipulation, if you look at the definition of manipulation according to the SEC (U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission), manipulation is defined *Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.* as the following:

Manipulation is intentional conduct designed to deceive investors by controlling or artificially affecting the market for a security. Manipulation can involve a number of techniques to affect the supply of, or demand for, a stock. They include: spreading false or misleading information about a company; improperly limiting the number of publicly-available shares; or rigging quotes, prices or trades to create a false or deceptive picture of the demand for a security. Those who engage in manipulation are subject to various civil and criminal sanctions.

If all of a sudden a stock symbol - not all stock symbols, is displaying old news, in todays day and age, a comment like that is not far reaching.

Please make this issue a priority.

Administratin' 'Hoo

Thank you.  I have repeatedly explained that this issue is with engineering and being worked on.  If anyone feels this is intentional manipulation, please feel free to report it to the SEC.

Pro 'Hoo

Is there any timeline as to when the Android news feed will be corrected?
Tags (1)
Administratin' 'Hoo

@betcha663 - We do not have an ETA at this time.  I have updated the ticket to try and get some more info on a fix.  I will update here if I can get an ETA.