cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

New Issue: Unable to post on Conversations boards (again!)

SOLVED
Pro 'Hoo

New Issue: Unable to post on Conversations boards (again!)

Since about a week ago, I am unable to post reactions to Stock Conversations. The message initially shows up with a countdown timer, but after the time expires the post disappears. I can still post reactions to news articles though. I noticed that the number of reactions listed for my ID is different on posts to news reports vs. stock boards. It's as if there are two separate ID trackers even though I use one ID for all my posts. What gives Yahoo?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: New Issue: Unable to post on Conversations boards (again!)

@buzz11 - interesting about the timer issue, thanks for sharing that info.  I checked the ticket and it looks like the problem has been identified.  There is no ETA at this time, but it sholdn't take much longer.  I'll update you here when I get resolution to the ticket.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Administratin' 'Hoo

@buzz111 - very sorry that this has not been resolved yet.  I have escalated the ticket and requested high priority on it since the problem has already been identified.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
17 REPLIES
Pro 'Hoo

A similar problem has been reported for Yahoo Groups. Pending messages don;t end up posting.

https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Groups/pending-messages-not-appearing/m-p/401273

Administratin' 'Hoo

This may be related to other users clicking the report abuse button for your comments on stock boards.  The system will still let you post, but the message will not appear.  Also, have you tried any general browser troubleshooting such as clearing cache and cookies?

Pro 'Hoo

Yes I tried clearing the cache and cookies. Tried different browsers too. Why would I still be able to post to conversations on news reports with the same ID I use to post to stock conversations? I linked to what appears to be the same problem that some Yahoo group users reported. Was that fixed?

So if a user keeps report me for abuse I get locked out? For how long?  I did notice that lately someone seemed to thumb down every post I make. I normally get positive reactions to most of my posts. 

I take the time to routinely report abuse for obvious spammers like pennystocks etc. to help keep the boards clean, and I am the one getting banned?  Sheesh.  I've used one ID to post on Yahoo for over a decade This is ridiculous. I sure am not going to create a new account just to post when my Yahoo email works just fine..There are other stock boards out there that have much better discussions and moderating.

Administratin' 'Hoo

I'll create a ticket for your account and have engineering take a look at the issue.  Are you receiving any type of error message or notice at the time the message disappears?

Pro 'Hoo

Okay thanks. No there are no error messages. After hitting the post button the message is simply not there when I refresh the page or toggle from 'Top Reactions' to 'New Reactions'.

I tried posting to news items and stock conversations again today. I'm not sure if anyone there already took a look at this yet, but I noticed that now when I hit the post button the countdown clock shows 'xx seconds ago' whereas previously it showed 'in xx seconds'. I continue to be able to successfully post only to news items. Messages on stock conversations still disappear..I appreciate your continued efforts to resolve this issue.

Pro 'Hoo

RE: countdown clock. I know why the message timer changed... I adjusted the time/date setting in Windows yesterday. The original problem I raised still remains.

Administratin' 'Hoo

@buzz11 - interesting about the timer issue, thanks for sharing that info.  I checked the ticket and it looks like the problem has been identified.  There is no ETA at this time, but it sholdn't take much longer.  I'll update you here when I get resolution to the ticket.

Pro 'Hoo

Hi Nixon, Any update on the ticket? It's been two weeks since you issued it and sadly I still can't post to stock conversations. I hope you guys can resolve this. It's quite frustrating. Thanks.

Administratin' 'Hoo

@buzz111 - very sorry that this has not been resolved yet.  I have escalated the ticket and requested high priority on it since the problem has already been identified.