cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

My Portfolios percentages wrong again

SOLVED
Contributin' 'Hoo

My Portfolios percentages wrong again

The Day Change % and Total Change % on My Portfolios page are wrong again. You are dividing by 100 then taking a percentage, so the percentages are off by a factor of 100.

Do you guys even test your code? It's like hit or miss EVERY DAY whether this is correct. How hard is it to understand what a PERCENTAGE is?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: My Portfolios percentages wrong again

Hi All - we are aware of this issue which began on 11/30 and are working to correct it.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Contributin' 'Hoo

I see it's fixed. Yahoo.

Well.... almost. If you go to My Portfolios, and I have multiple portfolios, the Day Gain % and Total Gain % are off by a factor of 100. You guys have never gotten this one correct, it's been broken since you switched to the new Portfolios. You need to DIVIDE those numbers by 100.

I almost hesitate to bring this to your attention, because I can guarantee your developers are going to break all the other percentages when trying to fix this. Every week it's one or the other that breaks. 

How about you actually explain it correctly to the devs and then actually test it before you release it? Simple, basic, software development.

Cmon guys, get this right. I'll even test it for you if you want!

14 REPLIES
Contributin' 'Hoo

Actually, ALL % change percentages are wrong, on all portfolio pages. Really really bad. 

Pro 'Hoo

Yes mine is wrong too! Like what previous user said, prices should not be divided by 100 AND put with a percentage sign! If I bought FB at 100, and now it is 177, total % change should be 77% and not 0.77%.

Amend it please,

Pro 'Hoo

I have just set up my Yahoo portfolio (after Google abandoned us all) and it is not a good start.

As others have stated - the table that summarizes your portfolio/watchlist does not calculate the Change column % correctly

If you click on the stock the detailed report page on the company has the change % correct but you don't always want to have to do that for every stock

Highlighted
Contributin' 'Hoo

They literally break this every week. It's corrected in one place, then broken somewhere else.  Now it's actually incorrect everywhere.

I don't understand how you release code without some basic checks. Why is it so hard to understand what a percentage is? Seems like a pretty basic calculation for a Finance site.

'Hoo Recruit

Should have just left the original page alone. There was nothing wrong with it. Why do they think they know what we want?  Guess selling to Verizon didn't change anything.

Established 'Hoo

All mine are wrong, and reading 0.00% or 0.01%

'Hoo Recruit

Mine too.

I don't get it.  Why are the percentages broken?

This should be a great week for Yahoo.. Google portfolio folks should be coming over in droves... but it seems the PROGRAMMERS (not engineers) at Yahoo can't figure out percentages yet....

Boooo!

New 'Hoo

Hi

I rely on Yahoo Finance for all my trades and today is an important day.  And all the %s are messed up.

While I am at this I also want to tell you that when you do %change by clicking on the top of the column, the information is messed up and does not come in proper ascending or descending view???  Why has this been going on for so long.

You have a great product ...WHY are you messing it up