cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Mutual Fund NAV not updating daily?!? Anyone else experience this?

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Mutual Fund NAV not updating daily?!? Anyone else experience this?

Hi,

I update my portfolio and holdings via Yahoo.ca/Yahoo.com/Yahoo Finance app.

For the longest time it updated my two specific fund's NAV daily. I was able too see the price at closing from the previous day the next morning. I've noticed as of late that it is not being updated daily, it's only done every second day. Sometimes one of the two funds will get updated daily, but the other won't. For example, for both funds at the moment, I see the NAV as of closing day July 31st, rather than August 1st or 2nd.

The two funds I'm tracking are:

F0CAN05LUD.TO

F000002O4P.TO

Is this normal? I know mutual fund prices only update once at the end of each trading day, it'd be nice if Yahoo was able to ensure the proper price was updated daily or the following morning for the previous day.

Thanks,

Matt

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Finance All-star

Re: Mutual Fund NAV not updating daily?!? Anyone else experience this?

@Nixon

This may be more of a problem whether YF is always receiving the daily NAV feed for these funds. These are weird tickers for mutual funds but I guess Canada may have different standards.

In the last 5 years, F0CAN05LUD.TO has several hundred days of null price values. I suspect some of them are Canadian holidays that YF isn't aware of but there are also large gaps of null data. There are also 9 trading days in 2017 with the same problem so it is more recent also.

5 REPLIES
Administratin' 'Hoo

Hi - It appears the two tickers you mention are updating correctly as I'm seeing "As of August 2".  It may have just been a temporary delay in the feed.  If you are still seeing stale data on your end, please try clearing your browsers cache.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/F0CAN05LUD.TO?p=F0CAN05LUD.TO

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/F000002O4P.TO?p=F000002O4P.TO

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Finance All-star

@Nixon

This may be more of a problem whether YF is always receiving the daily NAV feed for these funds. These are weird tickers for mutual funds but I guess Canada may have different standards.

In the last 5 years, F0CAN05LUD.TO has several hundred days of null price values. I suspect some of them are Canadian holidays that YF isn't aware of but there are also large gaps of null data. There are also 9 trading days in 2017 with the same problem so it is more recent also.

Established 'Hoo

As of 8:30 am on Wed. June 27 I have no updates for closing prices on any mutual funds. This is the first time this has happeded. Other sites are updated so it must be a computer problem with yahoo. Hopefully they will tell us.

New 'Hoo

VTIAX and VTSAX haven't updated today 6/27/18

Administratin' 'Hoo

@JohnArmesto @it1948 - our engineers are aware of this issue with Mutual Fund closing prices and hope to have it resolved shortly.

This is an older thread that I will be locking.  If we have any major updates on this issue, we will post it on the Known Issues board.  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!