cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

May 15 stock prices WRONG

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

May 15 stock prices WRONG

I work for a non profit where we have to use high/low to come up with the stock values for the gift. I noticed that NOC had NO value so went to market watch and google to get the price. Then I decided to spot check a few other stocks. GOOG is being listed wrong on yahoo. Low value is showing as 929.46 when everyone else is reporting 929.34  WTF?! I guess I won't be using yahoo for historical value anymore.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: May 15 stock prices WRONG

Hi - The historical data has been updated for the 15th and should now be correct.  If you see a problem with a specific ticker, please let us know.  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
5 REPLIES
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

I think the problem is going deeper than that. It looks like they have no historical prices for anything on the 15th at the moment.

Check out this chart:

https://finance.yahoo.com/chart/FB#eyJtdWx0aUNvbG9yTGluZSI6ZmFsc2UsImJvbGxpbmdlclVwcGVyQ29sb3IiOiIjZ...

If you set the time interval for 5 days, the chart will show data for the 15th, presumedly that's their realtime data. If you change the interval to 1 month, the chart goes straight from the 12th to the 16th, it completely bypasses the 15th. I think there's realtime data, but no historical data.

I have been using their services for a couple years and never seen anything like this. I think it's a bug in their system, but it's hard to say what's going on exactly.

'Hoo Recruit

Oh, I forgot to mention. This problem has been the case for every stock that I have looked at.

'Hoo Recruit

I see that now. I was looking before the market opened so it "was" displaying prices. I also noticed the volumes were wrong too.

Established 'Hoo

As of 11:45 AM on May 16th, ALL historical data for the 15th is missing!!!

Administratin' 'Hoo

Hi - The historical data has been updated for the 15th and should now be correct.  If you see a problem with a specific ticker, please let us know.  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!