cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

May 15 stock prices WRONG

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

May 15 stock prices WRONG

I work for a non profit where we have to use high/low to come up with the stock values for the gift. I noticed that NOC had NO value so went to market watch and google to get the price. Then I decided to spot check a few other stocks. GOOG is being listed wrong on yahoo. Low value is showing as 929.46 when everyone else is reporting 929.34  WTF?! I guess I won't be using yahoo for historical value anymore.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: May 15 stock prices WRONG

Hi - The historical data has been updated for the 15th and should now be correct.  If you see a problem with a specific ticker, please let us know.  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
5 REPLIES
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

I think the problem is going deeper than that. It looks like they have no historical prices for anything on the 15th at the moment.

Check out this chart:

https://finance.yahoo.com/chart/FB#eyJtdWx0aUNvbG9yTGluZSI6ZmFsc2UsImJvbGxpbmdlclVwcGVyQ29sb3IiOiIjZ...

If you set the time interval for 5 days, the chart will show data for the 15th, presumedly that's their realtime data. If you change the interval to 1 month, the chart goes straight from the 12th to the 16th, it completely bypasses the 15th. I think there's realtime data, but no historical data.

I have been using their services for a couple years and never seen anything like this. I think it's a bug in their system, but it's hard to say what's going on exactly.

'Hoo Recruit

Oh, I forgot to mention. This problem has been the case for every stock that I have looked at.

'Hoo Recruit

I see that now. I was looking before the market opened so it "was" displaying prices. I also noticed the volumes were wrong too.

Established 'Hoo

As of 11:45 AM on May 16th, ALL historical data for the 15th is missing!!!

Administratin' 'Hoo

Hi - The historical data has been updated for the 15th and should now be correct.  If you see a problem with a specific ticker, please let us know.  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!