cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

Is Yahoo! Finance API broken?

SOLVED
New 'Hoo

Re: Is Yahoo! Finance API broken?

I see an error message when I click this

https://chart.yahoo.com/table.csv?s=gsbd

'Hoo Recruit

Can't Yahoo! at least indicate on a web-based retrieval that their system is shutdown henceforth, as opposed to a cryptic message like:

Sorry, Unable to process request at this time -- error 999.

Established 'Hoo

Surely this is just a temporary issue? The API can't have been shut down?
Established 'Hoo

is it still down?

New 'Hoo

Looks like this is still down.  Anyone have any idea when it will come back up. 

http://quote.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=HPE  requests returns "Sorry, Unable to process request at this time -- error 999."

New 'Hoo

Oh well... back to the old weboage scrapper... I want to get info for less than 10 symbols....

Alternative but these guys are not at all responsive... although the server seems to always be up... *Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.*

New 'Hoo

I am not totally sure of the terms here but does what I see saying "Yahoo! Finance API" feature has been discontinued mean my stock quote updates from Yahoo will never work again?

I sure hope not.  I need this function.

**Username Protected**@yahoo.com

Established 'Hoo

I'm hoping its a glitch rather than anything permanent but no one seems to be commiting themselves.

New 'Hoo

Hey

Can you give me a link to your old API ?

I just need Api i dont care about the refresh time..

Thanks

Yoni

Administratin' 'Hoo

Hi All - I'm blocking new replies to this thread since it refers to an older outage.

The new download issue which began 11/01/17 and returning an error 999 for most users is currently being investigated and we hope to have it resolved soon.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!