cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

Is Yahoo! Finance API broken?

SOLVED
Established 'Hoo

Re: Is Yahoo! Finance API broken?

It looks like the table yahoo.finance.historicaldata has been dropped.

This is disappointing.  It would be nice if they issued a statement as to whether or not this is permenant or not.

Pro 'Hoo

how do you contact them to get an answer? its been a couple days and I can't fond any information.

Established 'Hoo

SL666 wrote:

how do you contact them to get an answer? its been a couple days and I can't fond any information.

I think this is the only forum.  I guess we have to hope a moderator sees this.

Pro 'Hoo

Is this really all yahoo has for answers? A "Help" page where we can all ask each othe wtf just happened. There is literally no way to communicate to yahoo that there is an issue that i can find!!

Pro 'Hoo

Thank you I voted. I wish i could vote 100 more times cause this is jamming me up!!

'Hoo Recruit

It's pretty impossible for them to completly scap the api since they still have a download button on their finance page. I looked at the new URL and it is as follows though broken up because Yahoo thinks their query link isn't part of Yahoo. Smiley Tongue So broken. 

query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/finance/download/ < With http:// this is the root of the link

AAPL? < the symbol

period1= < followed by Start Date in unix time (Yahoo thinks it's a phone number so I can't leave it there)

&period2= < End Date in unix time

&interval=1d&events=history&crumb=qCVchC4gks6 < the query data

Period1 And Period 2 are the start and end date in Unix Time

The Crumb is a verification key linked to a cookie.

Even using the right url and an agent faking being chrome though I get a 401 error, so Having the right url isn't enough. It must either check the cookie or use something more advanced then the crumb key that isn't super simple to do. The crumb is reusable in the actual browser so it wouldn't be hard to make chrome itself do the download. If anyone has any ideas on how to use .NET to deal with whatever authentication is giving me the 401 error feel free to PM me.

Highlighted
Established 'Hoo

Sarzorus wrote:

It's pretty impossible for them to completly scap the api since they still have a download button on their finance page. I looked at the new URL and it is as follows though broken up because Yahoo thinks their query link isn't part of Yahoo. Smiley Tongue So broken. 

query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/finance/download/ < With http:// this is the root of the link

AAPL? < the symbol

period1= < followed by Start Date in unix time (Yahoo thinks it's a phone number so I can't leave it there)

&period2= < End Date in unix time

&interval=1d&events=history&crumb=qCVchC4gks6 < the query data

Period1 And Period 2 are the start and end date in Unix Time

The Crumb is a verification key linked to a cookie.

Even using the right url and an agent faking being chrome though I get a 401 error, so Having the right url isn't enough. It must either check the cookie or use something more advanced then the crumb key that isn't super simple to do. The crumb is reusable in the actual browser so it wouldn't be hard to make chrome itself do the download. If anyone has any ideas on how to use .NET to deal with whatever authentication is giving me the 401 error feel free to PM me.

I tried the same thing. Smiley Happy

I think for the link on the page you mentioned that they are using a private authentication token to access a backend service.

This points to them cutting off free public access to their historical data.

It would be nice if they could confirm that one way or the other.

Established 'Hoo

Even downloading the file from the page, the data is wrong for adjusted closing price.  Check it out using SPY.  Adjusted Close is always equal to Close, which is just plain wrong.

'Hoo Recruit

Anybody know of a viable alternative whether free or subscription based?