cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

Individual portfolios showing no daily percentage summary

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Individual portfolios showing no daily percentage summary

Clicking "My Portfolios" brings up a list of all the portfolios with accurate day change percentages.

Clicking on a particular portfolio brings up its individual screen. The overall day change percentage should show at the top with the amount of loss/gain. It is currently showing 0.00%, although the dollar amount of gain/loss is updating properly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: Individual portfolios showing no daily percentage summary

The ticket for this issue has been marked resolved.  We apologize for the inconvenience these portfolio issues have caused.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
8 REPLIES
Administratin' 'Hoo

Hi - We are unable to replicate this issue you are describing.  Are you still experiencing that problem as it may have been transient?  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Finance All-star

@Nixon

Now YF engineers have broken the Day Gain % and Total Gain % at the individual portfolio level. They fixed the overall top-level My Portfolios Day Gain % and the Total Gain % but broke the sub-portfolio that was working. The percentages are now 100 times too low.

I used to test software for a living and even the newest of testers would never have made this simple mistake that would have been noticed with even a single stock portfolio user acceptance test. YF needs to hire a dedicated group of software quality analysts that fully tests changes before releasing them into a live production environment.

Screenshot 2017-12-05 at 1.00.29 PM.png

Administratin' 'Hoo

@rayo Thank you.  I have sent your comments and example to engineering for investigation. 

The same problem is still happening today.  Daily % doesn't work.  There are so many problems with Yahoo Finance that it is just too frustrating to use.  Portfolio presentation and portfolio management is terrible, and more trouble than it is worth.  I don't even know why I am bothering to try and give feedback.  As far as I can tell, 95% of the feedback users have given you have been ignored or shrugged off.  Amateur software management at best.

'Hoo Recruit

It's definitely still happening for us, too.

New 'Hoo

Perhaps "updating software" people were left over from the Last Administration (MM)...

Finance All-star

It looks like YF engineers have finally gotten it right. My simple test portfolio is now displaying properly at both the portfolio level and the My Portfolios level including both $ Gain and Gain %.

Screenshot 2017-12-06 at 8.56.15 PM.png

Administratin' 'Hoo

The ticket for this issue has been marked resolved.  We apologize for the inconvenience these portfolio issues have caused.