cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Incorrect historical price data for CNDX.L

Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Incorrect historical price data for CNDX.L

Hi,

it seems to me that for CNDX.L (iShares NASDAQ 100 ETF USD Acc) Yahoo Finance shows incorrect historical prices.

If you check out https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CNDX.L/history?p=CNDX.L you'll see that e.g. the open price on Jul 23, 2018 is $309.98 and then on Jul 27, 2018 it's $413.58. If you check the *Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.*, where supposedly the same market data is available you can see that the July 23 price was rather around $408, there is no such jump in reality (the prices shown by Yahoo before July 23 are all too low).

My hunch is that at one point between the dates the feed the data comes from changed its currency from GBP to USD (the ETF is actually traded in USD with this ticker) because GBP 304 was suspiciously around USD 408 at that time.

Could somebody from the technical team check this please?

7 REPLIES
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: Incorrect historical price data for CNDX.L

@Piedone - Thanks for the report.  I see the data discrepancy you are referring to when comparing the data to other historical data sources.  I have submitted this to engineering for investigation and correction.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Pro 'Hoo

Thanks Nixon, great!

Pro 'Hoo

Possibly the same happened here? https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/UDVD.L?p=UDVD.L The price jumped from USD 43.89 to 55 today.

Administratin' 'Hoo

Thank you for the additional ticker experiencing this problem.  I have added this fund to the open ticket we have for this issue.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Finance All-star

@Piedone @Nixon

It looks like CNX1.L (GBp) and CNXD.L (USD) were likely switched on YF. You can see from the screen shots below that the price and volume on YF for CNDX.L matches up pretty closely with CNX1.UK on wsj.com.

At least it appears YF has the most recent 5 trading days correct in the historical data for CNDX.

Screenshot 2018-09-20 at 9.53.55 PM.pngCNDX.L on YFScreenshot 2018-09-20 at 9.54.20 PM.pngCNX1.UK wsj.com download

Pro 'Hoo

That would explain it!

@Nixon possibly other LSE tickers are also affected?

Administratin' 'Hoo

@rayo - Thanks for the info.  I have shared your post with the engineers investigating this issue.