cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Incorrect Number of Shares Amount for Softbank IPO

'Hoo Recruit

Incorrect Number of Shares Amount for Softbank IPO

The number of shares amount for the upcoming SoftBank IPO is displayed as 176,406,300 on the upcoming IPOs calendar (https://finance.yahoo.com/calendar/ipo?from=2018-11-11&to=2018-11-17&day=2018-11-12) but it should be 1.6bn as outlined by this Yahoo article (https://finance.yahoo.com/news/softbank-raise-21-billion-wireless-073204246.html). Any reason for this discrepency?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES
Highlighted
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: Incorrect Number of Shares Amount for Softbank IPO

Hi,

That's a Bloomberg article. Can you provide some additional sources that have a different amount of shares for the SoftBank IPO so we can compare?

Thanks!

If you see a helpful post, give that member a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please Accept as Solution!
Check out the Known issues and updates boards for the latest details.
'Hoo Recruit

Sure - I've eattached some more articles from different sources (below). Unfortunately, I don't have any more concrete sources than news articles.

I think the main point is that it has been widely reported that the IPO will have a size of approximately $21bn; however, if we multiply the number of shares (176m) provided on Yahoo by the price provided (US$ 13.18) we get a value of US$2bn (price is assumed to be in USD since IPO currently has a provisional price of 1,500 Yen).

*Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.*

*Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.*

The CBNC article states the following:

On sale is 1.6 billion SoftBank Corp shares at an tentative price of 1,500 yen each, raising 2.4 trillion yen and resulting in a market value of 7.18 trillion yen upon listing. 

'Hoo Recruit

Unfortunately my original links were removed; however, here is the link to the CNBC article I mentioned (*Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.*). Several media announcements online also confirm that approx. 1.6bn Softbank shares will be on sale.

Administratin' 'Hoo

Hi - I'll get this over to our data team for investigation.  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!