cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

Importing stock prices to EXCEL

'Hoo Recruit

Importing stock prices to EXCEL

Hi.

This has been unstable for a week or more. The web query fails to send data back to Excel. When I edit the query (eg: http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/LGEN.L?ltr=1), it gives the usual warnings about scripts etc, but then I get a new error saying parts of the page cannot be displayed, and that I should update my browser. I use Firefox. It's up to date.

This must be impacting many users.

Early assistance much appreciated.

Thanks

S

55 REPLIES
'Hoo Recruit

Re: Importing stock prices to EXCEL

This is still not working.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks!

New 'Hoo

Iam also having the same issue. Historical prices not pulling into excel all of a sudden since this past Monday morning.

Someone please helpe us!! Thanks

Pro 'Hoo

I also have been unable to import data from Yahoo Finance into Excel since yesterday (4/19/17). I use an embedded query within Excel. When I go to edit that query, it shows a blank page. Tracking this down, I discovered that I am unable to login to Yahoo Finance via Edge--my current MS browser. I can get into Yahoo Finance and My Portfolios via Chrome, but when I use MS it goes into an endless loop asking me for my username and password. I can login to Yahoo via Edge, but when I click on Finance I'm no longer logged-in (the "Sign in" button is shown instead of my name). Then, when I try to sign-in via the Finance page, this is where the sign-in looping begins. Because Excel's embedded queries rely on the resident MS IE/Edge browser (no matter what your default browser may be), I need to be able to login to Yahoo Finance via IE/Edge to make these Excel queries work. Still looking for a solution.

'Hoo Recruit

I am having the same problem.  I have 13 portfolios in Yahoo that excel links to with a query.  They used to load sequentially on the same sheet.  Now I get nothing.  Excel says nothing to download but the portfolios are there.  I tried switching back to the classic portfolio but that made no difference.

Pro 'Hoo

My Excel import broke as of 3:25PM on 4/21/17.

It was working ok, as good as is typical, up to that point. Now the query is empty even though the page (in Chrome) shows all the data I'm pulling.

WHAT DID YOU DO?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you want to update it you have to be sure that evetrything that used to work still works. You're turning all your users away.

'Hoo Recruit

I am having the same problem getting data into EXCEL and other investment programs since 4/17/2017 using Yahoo Data.  Please give us some help to correct the situation or return it back to the previous way of downloading as on 4/13/17.

Also on another download program - it skipped all data after 4/13/17 and today just entered 4/21/17 data. after 4/13/17 - skipping 4 days of data.

Please turn it back to the way it was.

Pro 'Hoo

Same problem

also the export data function only exports one view no matter what view you have selected.

thought I could have a work around until the query thing is fixed??

'Hoo Recruit

I just want to also report that I have been unable to get to Portfolios in my MS Edge Browser, using Windows 10. They appear on the Finance home screen on the side but I can't get to teh detail in order to download. It has been this way at least a week so i am surprised that yahoos at Yahoo can't figure it out. I think it is all going downhill over there. It may betime to find a different source. the new interface is more like a social sight anyway and has more ads than information.

Pro 'Hoo

UPDATE:

I just installed IE 11 since it's more than likely Excel is using IE, regardless of my browser choice.

The result is the same. The web query is still empty.