cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Import your Google Portfolios to Yahoo Finance

Finance All-star

Re: Import your Google Portfolios to Yahoo Finance

@TAL36

Your portfolios should still exist in Google Finance, at least for now. I would hurry and download them though. I expect GF had complaints and put them back for now. I hope this helps, good luck.

Old Google Finance site

Finance All-star

@Nixon

The new GF portfolio import process doesn't work correctly even for a simple portfolio. The Trade Date, Shares and Notes fields are empty and the Cost Basis field contains the number of Shares.

I can see having problems with a complex import that includes Buy, Sell, Buy to Cover and Sell Short transactions but just straight Buy orders should be pretty simple. Not sure how YF will deal with a cash-linked portfolio since it appears the exported .csv file is different.

Screenshot 2017-12-05 at 9.01.22 PM.pngImported GF portfolioScreenshot 2017-12-05 at 9.01.03 PM.png.csv file from GF downloadScreenshot 2017-12-05 at 9.00.49 PM.pngGF transactions

New 'Hoo

I attempted to "IMPORT" my AOL portfolio csv file with no success on Yahoo Finance .

'Hoo Recruit

Hi, 

Still nothing new on Ftse. Samre results. 

Best of luck guys. 

Administratin' 'Hoo

Hi All - engineering is still working on various issues with the import function.  We apologize for the inconvenience.  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
New 'Hoo

I tried again today and still not much luck.  I used a new file and it imported, but still no accomodation for non-US exchanges.  It appears as if you only get one shot to download.  If you try again, it doesn't seem to work.

Any updates on when we can expect more reliability and non-US exchanges would be useful

thanks

Administratin' 'Hoo

@gmf001 - Various issues are still being addressed with the import function.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Finance All-star

@gmf001 - what do you mean by the below statement? Do you mean download from Google Finance or Import to Yahoo Finance? Are you using the YF app or the desktop site?

It appears as if you only get one shot to download.  If you try again, it doesn't seem to work.

'Hoo Recruit

I'm having the same problem.  Did you find an answer to the problem?

'Hoo Recruit

The GF portfolio import process doesn't work correctly. The Trade Date, Shares and Notes fields are empty and the Cost Basis field contains the number of Shares.