cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
We have planned maintenance Sep 28, Midnight to 4 am PT. We don't anticipate any downtime.

Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Import your Google Portfolios to Yahoo Finance

New 'Hoo

Re: Import your Google Portfolios to Yahoo Finance

@Cath12 - I had the same experience.  I typed in my Google login details, and repeatedly pressed "Sign-in" and nothing happened.  Then I pressed "back" in the app, and the import prompt suddenly popped up with my Google Finance page appeared in the background.

@Nixon - The desktop import function does not work for me. Once I pressed "Import" and selected the CSV file and pressed "Submit", nothing happened.  If I use the import function in the iOS11 app, it only does the import halfway (i.e. it only shows current holdings in Google Finance and the import function actually does not import historical transactions).  I am hoping that if I input using the desktop version and the CSV file, all the historical transaction data can be imported (e.g. buy and sell dates, commissions etc).  Also, the import function works for U.S. shares, but it does not identify Hong Kong shares correctly.

The import is getting there!

Administratin' 'Hoo

@redxlll_s - Thanks for the report.  Could you let us know what browser and version you are using on the desktop so we can investigate? 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
'Hoo Recruit

Same issue for Canadian investment. I tried on Internet Explorer and Google Chrome
'Hoo Recruit

Hi, 

Nice to see that Yahoo is taking it seriously! Good news on the import function. 

As mentioned before, it is not working yet. It doesn't seem to recognise the british stocks yet. 

Administratin' 'Hoo

@hebus and @Cath12 - Thanks for the report about the international tickers.  I will let the engineering team know.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Administratin' 'Hoo

@stockboydan - A desktop version has been added.  There will be an import link on the right side of the page when looking at your portfolios.

New 'Hoo

I am having the same issue importing my Google finance portfolio from a CSV into Yahoo Finance – I load the CSV, click the submit button but nothing happens.

I am on a desktop using explorer, and Google Chrome.

If anyone gets over this hurdle please let me know

Administratin' 'Hoo

@cdnyak - We apologize for the inconvenience.  Our Finance team is aware of the .CSV import problems and are currently working on the problem.  Thank you.

New 'Hoo

The opportunity to import my Google portfolio is gone .TOO late . How can one import my AOL portfolio into Yahoo?  

Administratin' 'Hoo

@TAL36 -

The import link was designed for Google portfolios but should work with any .CSV file.  If you have your AOL portfolios in .CSV format you can try using the "Import" link on the "My Portfolios" page: