cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Import your Google Portfolios to Yahoo Finance

Administratin' 'Hoo

Import your Google Portfolios to Yahoo Finance

FYI: Google Portfolio is going away but your investments still need a place to live! Import them into Yahoo Finance.  Here is how:

Import your Google Finance data into your Yahoo Finance lists. You can import when you first start the Yahoo Finance app up after installing or updating it, or postpone until later.

Import upon app startup

1. When prompted to import upon startup, tap Import Now.
    - Tap Maybe Later to postpone importing.
  2. Sign in to your Google account.
  3. Within Google Finance, tap Yes to import the current selected portfolio.
  4. If you have multiple portfolios, select one you want - to make it current - and tap Yes.
  5. Repeat the step above for each portfolio you want to import.
  6. Tap Done when you're finished.

Import after postponing

1. Tap the Menu icon Image of the side menu icon..
  2. Tap Import Google portfolios.
  3. Sign in to Google Finance and follow the instructions above.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
42 REPLIES
New 'Hoo

Re: Import your Google Portfolios to Yahoo Financ - problem

Not working on the iPad or iPhone 

Tags (3)
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: Import your Google Portfolios to Yahoo Financ - problem

Are you receiving any error messages? 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
New 'Hoo

Re: Import your Google Portfolios to Yahoo Finance

There's no such menu item in the current iOS yahoo finance app

Administratin' 'Hoo

Thanks @y4h0oligan - I have confirmed that the option is missing from the menu screen and have reported this to engineering.  Thanks for clarifying the problem.

Contributin' 'Hoo

why can you add a import tab for the desktop version so i can upload a CSV excle spreadsheet that i downloaded for google fiance ...

also regarding wuropean stocks there might be a potential bug since in google finance for example lets take BT group trades in london and in google finance its LON:BT whereas in YAHOO finance its BT.L 

SO hopefully it works but i have a feeling it wont understand ..

Contributin' 'Hoo

why can't you add a import tab for the desktop version so i can upload a CSV excel spreadsheet that i downloaded for google finance...

also regarding wuropean stocks there might be a potential bug since in google finance for example lets take BT group trades in london and in google finance its LON:BT whereas in YAHOO finance its BT.L 

SO hopefully it works but i have a feeling that the yahoo api wont understand ..

Administratin' 'Hoo

Hi All - It turns out the Google Import option is only available in iOS 11.  If you are on iOS 10.3 the option will not appear on the menu.

@stockboydan - There were some technical limitations on our end that prevented having this option on the desktop version, so we are only able to offer the import option on iOS and Android.  Thank you.

'Hoo Recruit

Is there a bug in the app? When I try to import the Google portfolio, after I entered the password to connect to the Google account, nothing happens. No error message, etc. I tried it on 2 different iPhone with iOS 11 or +
Administratin' 'Hoo

@Cath12 - I'm sorry you are having trouble with the portfolio import function.  I have opened an engineering ticket for your account and we will look into the problem.  Thank you.