cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

How do you change the username or alias on the new Conversation board?

'Hoo Recruit

How do you change the username or alias on the new Conversation board?

When Yahoo Finance updated the Message Board to Conversations they changed my username to my real name.  How do I change it back to the username or alias?  Anyone know how?

5 REPLIES
Pro 'Hoo

Re: How do you change the username or alias on the new Conversation board?

You should be able to accomplish that by changing your Yahoo nickname. This help article has instructions: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln4992.html

'Hoo Recruit

Thanks,  I will check article out and let you know

Established 'Hoo

Under Personal Info I have no choice for Yahoo nickname. There is only Full Name, Gender, and Birthday.

When I post in Conversations under Yahoo Finance it posts my comment under Yahoo Reader instead of my Yahoo username, even though  I am signed in to my account to be able to make posts. This is incredibly frustrating, and there is no way to speak or otherwise directly communicate with a human at Yahoo.

Established 'Hoo

I am still having this problem, unable to post under my Yahoo user account name in Yahoo Finance, can only post as Yahoo Reader, and now OTHERS are posting with my Yahoo Account user name. 

Yahoo, what is up????? You cannot help me with this? Why are you here?

I got a congratulations and award as a "Hoo Recuit" for complaining that I can't get help, and I still don't get help?? See how out of touch you are??? It only makes your users more angry.

I am ready to kill my yahoo account and leave yahoo, and talk about it on social media. Every article on the Yahoo home page is against Trump, 100%. Nothing is 100%, unless you have an agenda. So we know where Yahoo stands. Pathetic.

New 'Hoo

Wow, you sound like Trump himself. What a baby.