cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Historical adjusted prices for XLF

Highlighted
Established 'Hoo

Historical adjusted prices for XLF

XLF Adjusted Price jumps by about 35% form 9/16/2016 to 9/19/2016 (next day).. This is obviously an error. I believe on 9/19, XLF removed real estate shares from XLF. As a result, they gave each holder of XLF some shares of XLRE.  You have considered this as a dividend which distorts the series.  Thank you.

3 REPLIES
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: Historical adjusted prices for XLF

Hi - Thanks for the report.  It does appear we are treating the 09/16/2017 transaction as a cash dividend.  I have reported this to our engineering team and they will work with our data provider to get the data corrected. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Finance All-star

The XLF website does list this as a special dividend of $4.44356 on 19-Sep-2016 but then YF also lists a 1231/1000 stock split on the same date. I would suspect only 1 of these events should be in the XLF historical data. I am guessing the stock split should stay and the dividend should be deleted. The stock split allows the moving averages on the charts to stay useful.

Screenshot 2017-09-19 at 2.43.23 PM.pngXLF Sector SPDR

Administratin' 'Hoo

Thanks for the additional comments Rayo.  I think you are correct about the stock split staying. I have added your comments to the ticket.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!