cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

Has something changed in ASX data layout

'Hoo Recruit

Has something changed in ASX data layout

I have a macro in Excel that retrieves current ASX data for my portfolio on demand and loads it into the spreadsheet.
I have been using this particular macro on a daily basis since April last year, but today the macro throws up an error -
"Run-time error '1004'
Application-defined or object-defined error"

Yesterday it was fine. Have Yahoo changed something that would suddenly stop my macro from working?

6 REPLIES
Pro 'Hoo

Re: Has something changed in ASX data layout

Until yesterday I was able to download stock quotes to Excel. Now I get "Run-time error '1004: Application-defined or object-defined error".

Administratin' 'Hoo

It has come to our attention that this service is being used in violation of the Yahoo Terms of Service.  As such, the service is being discontinued.  For all future markets and equities data research, please refer to finance.yahoo.com  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
New 'Hoo

Nixon wrote:

It has come to our attention that this service is being used in violation of the Yahoo Terms of Service.  As such, the service is being discontinued.  For all future markets and equities data research, please refer to finance.yahoo.com  Thank you.

Disappointed with this change in policy. I have used the spreadsheet for almost two years, usually multiple times a day. I also use the Yahoo Finance app. Fortunately the disappointed folks can vote with their feet.

Administratin' 'Hoo

The Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum is the place where you can provide feedback and the Finance team can see it:  https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/382977  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Pro 'Hoo

Nixon wrote:

Could you please expand on this please, I thought the whole purpose of that service was so that you could upload your yahoo finance portfolio prices to a spreadsheet to track the portfolio values on a day by day basis?  Was that incorrect or was there some particular use that was violating the terms of service?

Will there be any alternative service that allows us to record stock prices from our yahoo portfolio to see price movements of stocks?   Google finance has an interface to google doccuments to do this but Yahoo's service was much better.

'Hoo Recruit

Nixon wrote:

How about blocking the violators and letting us mum and dad investors and traders continue to use the service?  Surely there's someone there at Yahoo who can do that.