cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Exchange Rate API - Error 400 Bad Request

Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Exchange Rate API - Error 400 Bad Request

Hi, 

I can see that Yahoo Finance API has been discontinued but we have been using the Exchange Rate/Currencies API to update the daily exchange rates in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016. My question is was this API part of Yahoo Finance API and is it now also unavailable?  I ask because it appears to work sometimes but then not other times but I'm not sure if that is NAV saying a job is successful when really it's not. 

If this is still running then any help on the below would be greatly appriciated.

I have been getting the error when I run Update Exchange Rates:

"A call to System.Xml.XmlReader.Create failed with this message: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request"

We use this url to call the service:

*Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.* * from yahoo.finance.xchange where pair in ("NZDAUD","NZDCAD","NZDCHF","NZDEUR","NZDGBP","NZDHKD","NZDJPY","NZDSGD","NZDUSD")&env=store://datatables.org/alltableswithkeys

Any help at all on either of these is greatly appriciated. 

1 REPLY
New 'Hoo

Re: Exchange Rate API - Error 400 Bad Request

Would really appriciate an answer to this if anyone can help