cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

Download csv from yahoo finance

'Hoo Recruit

Re: Download csv from yahoo finance

Was it the same error? How long ago?

Pro 'Hoo

yes, it happend 3 months ago

Pro 'Hoo

I'm really worry  because I'm using it for my graduation project and my defense is very soon. 

Established 'Hoo

The previous outage lasted for a week, but download.finance.yahoo.com was working that time. The culprit was the outage of (at least) one of the downstream servers that converts the CSV to XML.

In addition to posting here in the forum, which appeared to be ineffectual, I ended up tweeting to the @ydn (or @yql) twitter account and emailing the yahooapis.com domain technical contact at domainadmin at yahoo-inc.com. I'm not sure whether that expedited matters, but it couldn't have hurt.

Pro 'Hoo

Is there any news??

New 'Hoo

see the error from another forum, similar issue. I think they are now aware:

https://chart.yahoo.com/table.csv?s=gsbd

New 'Hoo

still down for me as well... any ideas for alternatives?  

Google's API seems to work in a similar fashion

Administratin' 'Hoo

It has come to our attention that this service is being used in violation of the Yahoo Terms of Service.  As such, the service is being discontinued.  For all future markets and equities data research, please refer to finance.yahoo.com  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Established 'Hoo

Is Yahoo no longer supporting any way of moving stock quotes to excel?   Was there a change in the terms of service or was there abuse by users?   finance.yahoo has been a valuable tool for investors for decades and has gained a valuable reputation as a trusted resource.  I'm guessing that yahoo is forfeiting this reputation to google because that's the only alternative.  

Established 'Hoo

Nixon, a little more explanation would be appreciated given that Yahoo has been (happily, it seemed) dispensing this downloadable data for a very long time. Thanks.