cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

Download Currency Rates Error 999

SOLVED
Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Download Currency Rates Error 999

http://download.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv giving me error "Sorry, Unable to process request at this time -- error 999." How to solve?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: Download Currency Rates Error 999

It has come to our attention that this service is being used in violation of the Yahoo Terms of Service.  As such, the service is being discontinued.  For all future markets and equities data research, please refer to finance.yahoo.com.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
11 REPLIES
New 'Hoo

Me too. How to solve?

New 'Hoo

Looks like Yahoo may have terminated the quotes service: *Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.*

Pro 'Hoo

Dear scottmarlowe

could you please send me URL to confirm that yahoo terminates quotes service

New 'Hoo

I'm having the same issue with stock prices. Turned up yesterday and still persists.

New 'Hoo

I can no longer download all my stock prices in a csv format file.  This is a major inconvience since all my formula were link dependent on the download.  Will this be fixed or is there a work around?

Help!

Administratin' 'Hoo

It has come to our attention that this service is being used in violation of the Yahoo Terms of Service.  As such, the service is being discontinued.  For all future markets and equities data research, please refer to finance.yahoo.com.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
'Hoo Recruit

How exactly is downlaoding the data into a personal shreadsheet a violation?

New 'Hoo

What will be the new link for stock dowload in .csv format?

'Hoo Recruit

Not working since this morning.

An 100% free alternative for getting real time stock and fx prices in Excel is to use Deriscope.

Deriscope interfaces to both Yahoo Finance and Alpha Vantage. Right now that Yahoo service is broken, it still gets data from Alpha Vantage.