cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Does Yahoo realize that their historical data for any dividend paying stock or fund is ALL WRONG?

Pro 'Hoo

Does Yahoo realize that their historical data for any dividend paying stock or fund is ALL WRONG?

Does anyone at Yahoo check the accuracy of the data listed in the historical data for stocks and funds?

In the past I was pretty sure Yahoo's data and graphs did not correctly include dividends, so I downloaded weekly price data for the SPY and several funds, to accruately compare various stocks myself.  For the week period ending November 16, 2015 the close for SPY was 209.31 back then, and the same 209.31 is currently listed as the "adjusted close" for Nov 16, 2015 that is supposed to reflect dividends.  However, given there have been three dividends  for SPY since then (***Phone Number Removed***wer, in other words adjusted.

The same is true for PKW (Nov 16, 2015 close was 47.34) and it still is, where this does not reflect its three dividends either so it is off by 50 cent or so. 

In other words, all the graphical data, that Yahoo shows is misleading because the dividends are not factored in correctly.  

In the past Yahoo listed a close and an adjsuted close.  Currently it only lists an adjsuted close with an open, high and low.  Basically the adjusted close has been lost and ASSumed to be correct?

Combined with mucking up the message boards, is there anyone at Yahoo that is paying attention??????

Regards,

Bob_Hop

6 REPLIES
'Hoo Recruit

Re: Does Yahoo realize that their historical data for any dividend paying stock or fund is ALL WRONG

This massive mistake (1 wasted hour today) is still not corrected 9/23/2016.Man Mad

Highlighted
Established 'Hoo

Re: Does Yahoo realize that their historical data for any dividend paying stock or fund is ALL WRONG

I have the same problem. The adjusted priced are no longer adjusted. They are the same as Closing Prices. I hope they would fix it soon. I dont think if they care.

New 'Hoo

It seems that all adj closing prices are wrong between showing and downloading.

'Hoo Recruit

How do we get Yahoo to correct the adjusted price in. Historical data selection?

'Hoo Recruit

Like an803 says, I don't think Yahoo cares AT ALL - otherwise, they would've fixed it by now.

New 'Hoo

Ya close and adjusted close prices are the same. Does anyone know of another source to get adjusted data?