Cancel

Help Community

Custom view of portfolio

SOLVED
Highlighted
jtm
'Hoo Recruit

Custom view of portfolio

With Yahoo finance you have a portfolio. You can customize the view of your portfolio bu adding columns of data.  I added the column Price Paid.  I assumed that I would be able to enter the price paid so that I can use that as a reference to see how well my stocks are doing. But there does not seem to be a way to enter data into that column. Anyone have any thoughts on this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Finance All-star

Re: Custom view of portfolio

@sfowarren

You can't download/export a custom view. You can only create custom views to use online. Click on a portfolio then click the Export button. This allows you to export a very basic view of your portfolio to a spreadsheet including each lot. A column labeled Purchase Price corresponds to the online field of Cost Basis.

Another reply to a question on YF Help seems to indicate that YF is doing away with the Export function. Not sure why but that would be unfortunate.

Screenshot 2017-10-11 at 3.27.54 PM.png

4 REPLIES
jtm
'Hoo Recruit

Once you are in your portfolio select customize current view and add price paid and save. Go back to your portfolio and select add/edit holdings and you will be able to enter the price you paid into the price paid column. Then at a glance you will be able to see how well you investment is doing.

New 'Hoo

any idea how to download the custom view?  I've downloaded my portfolio but t won't download a custom view.

jtm
'Hoo Recruit

There must be different revisions of MY Portfolio. My version does ot have Price Paid in Customize View. In my version I need to be in my portfolio and in the Basic View and then select Edit View. Within Edit View select Cost Basis (there is not price paid option). Exit Edit View and go back to my porfolio and select the My Holdings view, then I can add data to Cost Basis. Also while in Edit View, there is an option for Notes. If you add Notes you can enter notes such as two different dates you bought and how many shares each time.

Finance All-star

@sfowarren

You can't download/export a custom view. You can only create custom views to use online. Click on a portfolio then click the Export button. This allows you to export a very basic view of your portfolio to a spreadsheet including each lot. A column labeled Purchase Price corresponds to the online field of Cost Basis.

Another reply to a question on YF Help seems to indicate that YF is doing away with the Export function. Not sure why but that would be unfortunate.

Screenshot 2017-10-11 at 3.27.54 PM.png