cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

Can't log into Portfolios from new site

'Hoo Recruit

Can't log into Portfolios from new site

The new site accepts log in and shows me as logged in but kicks me back to the sign in page when I try to acces to portfolios. Tried on Chrome and Safari, cleared and rebooted. Anybody else? 

15 REPLIES
'Hoo Recruit

Re: Can't log into Portfolios from new site

Same. Logged in as far as email is concerned, but My Portfolio won't show anything in the dropdown box...even after logging in again at that location. Returns me to Finance landing page. Tried on Chrome and IE 11

'Hoo Recruit

I have had the exact same problem... I pulled my hair out for over 2 hours yesterday on this.

I have had the EXACT SAME PROBLEM on both my brand new Windows 10 laptop, as well as on my 2 year old Windows 7 desktop PCs.

I have also tried it today at work on a Windows 7 desktop, and Windows 7 laptop, all to no avail.

I have had the EXACT SAME PROBLEM on 4 different PCs, regardless of which web browser that I have tried to use on ALL FOUR of the PCs:  regardless of trying this on Mozilla Firefox (version 47.0.1); Internet Explorer (version 11.0.9600.18314), or Google Chrome (version 51.0.2704.103 m).

I have tried EVERY SINGLE HELP suggestion offered in the fully automated world of YAHOO FINANCE / YAHOO HELP.

I even tried contacting YAHOO's corporate offices for Media relations & Press relations, but their automated message system spelled out that the ONLY form of help that Yahoo "members" will get, is automated.

There simply is NO way to reach a YAHOO employee!

So how is anyone supposed to use the MY PORTFOLIO service if no one can log into from a laptop or desktop computer?

PLEASE DO NOT suggest that I can access it from a "smartphone" -- I have never owned a smartphone -- the screen images & type fonts are simply too small for my 62 year old pair of eyes.  DESKTOP & LAPTOP machines have much bigger images that i can readily read & understand.

Regretably,

GARY KLEIN in Salem, Oregon

'Hoo Recruit

'Hoo Recruit

It is amazing they release an "upgrade" that doesn't work.  I was able to get my portfolios working from Internet Explorer, but I get that awesome "Yahoo Engineers are working to resolve the issue" when I try to go to a portfolios page from Chrome.  I hope these clowns fix this -- they really should be embarrassed.

CHW
'Hoo Recruit

Same problem!  Many years' worth of research in my portfolios -- now useless, because I cannot get logged in. Come on Yahoo: fix it, or at least give us the option of returning to the old Finance page.

sjw
'Hoo Recruit

I doin't know what they have done - they re-set the email account that my account had been associated with for years to a yahoo mail account. I had to verify all of that and when I did, it recognized me but not my portfolio.  I have been on Yahoo Finance for years and have entered many stocks there for several reasons.  From what I have read, Yahoo did something, I cannot get the help I need and I've had it with Yahoo!  You all know how frigging frustrating this is..... So much for trusting websites to keep information ---

Tags (2)
'Hoo Recruit

Ditto's Ditto's Ditto's for me too. Yahoo left Verizon "holding the bag". Maybe the  Verizon geeks can figure it out.

'Hoo Recruit

I have the same problem also.  And if I manage to get to one of my portfolios and want to switch to another one it asks for sign in again....but the sign in doesn't work!

Does anyone have a solution???

New 'Hoo

I have been unable to access my Yahoo Finance Portfolio or Watchlist for a week.

There is apparently no way i can speak to a Yahoo representative by telephone to fix this problem--- i can find no contact point, either for an email or a phone contact.   if this is not resolved in 2 days, i will switch to Google Portfolio, and never use Yahoo again.    the affirmative Yahoo plan to avoid/prevent any direct communication with its customers is UNACCEPTABLE>    TKenny.  ***Phone Number Removed***.