cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Can't get historical data

'Hoo Recruit

Can't get historical data

I can't get any historical data for the S&P Total Market Index. I can pull up the index on your site but when I click on the historical data tab it only has today's closing price. Then when I try to change the date range to max it says that I can't have a starting date after the end date (for the record my start date was 01/1/2008 and my end date was 11/7/2018). Then when I click apply it doesn't load anything, not even today's price! What's going on?

2 REPLIES
'Hoo Recruit

Re: Can't get historical data

For the record, I'm using a mac laptop on yahoo finance in a web browser. Your site made me include a label but there were only four available and none of them applied. I'm pretty confused about that part but it's not important.

Highlighted
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: Can't get historical data

Hi @cfkwrh - we do not currently display that data due to licensing limitations.  I have added this to our data suggestion list for possible inclusion in our data feed in the future.  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!