cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

COH ticker changed to TPR

Highlighted
Finance All-star

COH ticker changed to TPR

Coach, Inc. (NYSE:COH) changed its name to Tapestry, Inc. (NYSE:TPR) effective 31-Oct-2017. All historical trade data for the former Coach from its IPO on 4-Oct-2000 through 30-Oct-2017 should be transferred over to the new ticker.

tapestry.com/investors/tapestry.com/investors/

6 REPLIES
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: COH ticker changed to TPR

@rayo - I have submitted this to engineering for correction.  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Administratin' 'Hoo

A fix has been put in place and the data for TPR should be updated by tomorrow morning.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Finance All-star

@Nixon

The data copy from COH to TPR was not done correctly. I see 66 trading days where the O(pen) and L(ow) prices are way off (too low). Not sure how that could happen since it's just a simple copy. It just seems like the OL prices were just randomly filled in on those dates.

This seems to be a symptom of a larger problem. I pasted screenshots of 5-Sep-2017 data to show the problem data between old COH and new TPR. However, when I display only the date of 5-Sep-2017 for TPR it shows the correct data and it also downloads correctly. However, when displaying/downloading a range that includes that date it is incorrect. I can't explain it.

I compared the original COH price data in YF with TPR in Google Finance and it is very close on a large majority of trading days. If you can just get the YF COH data copied over to TPR correctly this issue could be closed.

TPR incorrect O(pen) and L(ow)TPR incorrect O(pen) and L(ow)COH correctCOH correct

Bad OL data datesBad OL data datesBad OL data datesBad OL data dates

Administratin' 'Hoo

Thanks for the screenshots. I don't have an update right now, but I passed the info along to our engineers.

If you see a helpful post, give that member a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please Accept as Solution!
Check out the "Known issues and updates" boards for the latest details.
Finance All-star

This is a comparison between what the chart should look like for TPR using the original COH data and the corrupted data currently under TPR.

COH good dataCOH good data

TPR bad dataTPR bad data

Administratin' 'Hoo

I passed this along. Our engineers are aware and still looking into this. Thanks.

If you see a helpful post, give that member a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please Accept as Solution!
Check out the "Known issues and updates" boards for the latest details.