cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
We have planned maintenance Sep 28, Midnight to 4 am PT. We don't anticipate any downtime.

Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

All posts in message boards being deleted

'Hoo Recruit

All posts in message boards being deleted

I just started on the finance message boards. All of my posts are being deleted. Who is managing these boards??? As an example, the Ford stock message boards are FILLED with unrelated topics about everything from Benghazi to trump...nothing to do with the stock. I posted a message asking if anyone is going to talk about the ford stock and it's upcoming financial data and it was deleted??!! Then I responded to a post on etsy stock about eBay buying them out and in a nut shell state the opinion it would be a bad business decision because...blah blah blah. Deleted!? What on earth is going on??
8 REPLIES
New 'Hoo

Re: All posts in message boards being deleted

noticed the same thing happening to my posts for the past year or so, and astonished that nobody else replied to you about it 

I have been posting for 17yrs and yahoo has become a horrible financial portal since that ex-Google exec took over... too much load time, ads and crap like censorship??

do you live inside USA or outside its borders ?

- just trying to see if we can figure it out on our own

any info helps

Administratin' 'Hoo

@fate - could you provide more specific details and we will investigate.  Is this happening for all you posts on all boards?  Is this on stock conversations or news articles?  Our tools are showing your posts are active on the site.

Also, be sure you are sorting the conversations by "Newest Reactions" to see current posts. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
'Hoo Recruit

Same thing happening to me I am Yahoo  user since 1998

All my posts on the Financial Messgwe board come up with

"Temporary Network Error. Please try again later."

Yet if I log in under another ID Yahoo finance allows me to post. This is  Krazy ! Been a member here sinmce 1998 All this happened with the Recent VERIZON takeover.  I do NOT have a CELL phone yet all of your log in posts keep demanding one.  What is this?
'Hoo Recruit

This happens to me too lately - the posts disappear later. I have no information why they disappear. Is there some way I can know that? My only guess is that somebody has figured out that I consistently mark spam as spam, and the spammers want revenge, so they mark my posts as abuse. I do not post anything that can be considered abuse. 

Also, on Finance message boards, how can I sort the conversations by "Newest Reactions" ?

Administratin' 'Hoo

Hi All - we are unable to assist with conversation board issues publicly on this forum.  Please use help.yahoo.com and submit an abuse report (the mail category should have that option).  That will get your email over to the team that handles conversation boards.

@Rastarich - Here is how to sort the conversations:

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
New 'Hoo

All of my direct posts are being deleted almost immediately from yahoo finance message boards. However if I post a reply to someone else's post they are not deleted. This has been going on for the last six months. Also for the last three weeks the stock charts for Yahoo finance message boards will not load.

New 'Hoo

I have completely given up on the Yahoo Finance board...my posts are constantly deleted even though I follow the 'guidelines'. Also, can't the posts appear in chronological order? 

Moving on to Zacks or Seeking Alpha!

Administratin' 'Hoo

@ringoroo - we have received a few reports about this on other channels and the Message Board team is investigating.  Could you let us know if you are able to see your posts on the board when you are signed out of your account?