cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

All Intraday Charts show wrong final Close price

Established 'Hoo

All Intraday Charts show wrong final Close price

On every stock page such as this one for AAPL:

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/AAPL?p=AAPL

Once the markets have closed, the intraday chart (in green with options for 1D, 5D, 1M etc.) shows the wrong close if you are viewing 1D , 5D or 1M.  Why is this?

For example, today Aug 16, AAPL actually closed the day at 213.32.  Your web site reports this value as well as CNBC and others so I am sure it is correct.  

** But the intraday chart in green shows a final close price of 213.48.  It looks as if the intraday chart never got updated for the last minute or so of trading?  This is the case on every USA stock I look at.

6 REPLIES
Established 'Hoo

Re: All Intraday Charts show wrong final Close price

Update Friday Aug 17:

Same error every day.  Today, now and probably all weekend long the proper close for AAPL is 217.58 as reported by all web sites and brokers.

But the intraday green chart at:

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/AAPL?p=AAPL

shows the final price as 217.61 (when set to 1D, 5D or 1M).  This is very confusing and I clearly in error. 

Some extra info I think highlights the bug:  If you move the mouse over that green intraday chart, you get a read-out of prices with time-of-day.  It appears the final time-of-day reported is 3:59.  The chart is missing the final 4PM data point.

Highlighted
Administratin' 'Hoo

Hi @tapioca - I waited until the market closed to check this and I see what you are describing.  I don't have an explanation on the discrepancy, but will get this over to engineering and have them investigate the problem further.  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Established 'Hoo

Hi,  Did you hear anything back?  I find it very confusing looking at your pages after markets close with the chart showing one close and the table showing another.  Why aren't they consistent?

I've been looking around and I see that Google Finance's page which includes a table and intraday chart does NOT have the problem your pages do. . .  

Administratin' 'Hoo

@tapioca - no update on the ticket yet.  I have updated it with your new post and will try to get an update from the team.  Thank you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Established 'Hoo

Hi,

Any update on this issue?  I'm sorry but the most important of every single Yahoo Finanace web page is incorrect and very confusing and misleading.  I personally have made improper assessment of a stock based on the bad chart after markets have closed.  

I am recommending to all my customers to switch to Google Fin or their broker pages bc your pages are just plan wrong data.

Administratin' 'Hoo

@tapioca - The ticket is still open.  I have escalated this case and provided the team with your comments.