cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Yahoo Answers

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Yahoo Answers

I have not been able to read 90% of Yahoo Answers for quite a while.  There is no filter function to filter out questions in other languages - in the current case I guess Chinese - so especially the travel section is useless.

Will Yahoo address the problem in any way?  Or will Answers just die a slow ugly death?  I used to rather enjoy reading the questions and getting vacation ideas.

Thanks!

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail All-star

Re: Yahoo Answers

The site is currently being spammed by the chinese posts and the other problem is community moderation is not working too well.But it's being looked into and hopefully action taken soon.

11 REPLIES
Mail All-star

The site is currently being spammed by the chinese posts and the other problem is community moderation is not working too well.But it's being looked into and hopefully action taken soon.

'Hoo Recruit

Thank you Tidus!

Pro 'Hoo

For starters could you put in filters just fot the Chinese script

Could you consider granting 'trusted users' / 'power users' status to people who have really slogged it out - obviously trusted users

That way a whole lot of the junk can be got rid of

Mail All-star

@sεαη

An update was rolled out to clean up the chinese spam,there is still some about but not as much as before.Yahoo answers is community moderated,so anyone can become a trusted reporter.

Pro 'Hoo

Many thanks Tidus,

The Chinese spam continues unabated

I have reported tens of thousands of questions & less than 5% are / were removed

Plese help me clean out whatever little I can

This is my profile if it helps,

https://answers.yahoo.com/activity/questions?show=K244H35OF64LFG5BEU555SZG2M&t=g

Pro 'Hoo

Practically nothing getting deleted - for the past 6 hours or so

A turn for the worse - Report not working, for the Chinese spam

Mail Pro All-star

Hello @sεαη

It did slow over the weekend, seems to be better today.

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
Pro 'Hoo

Thanks @okietom

I beg to differ, it's no better today. And spam reporting is not working

Am glad at lest someone is listening & maybe trying

Cheers

Mail All-star

Reporting is rather patchy currently,not working 100 percent but head over this suggestion for further help
https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/211240-us-answers/suggestions/20167327-spam-here-for-yahoo-answer...